Server Issues..........or, nosey Google ?

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ATTENTION TECHs

What I'll describe here was occurring 2-3 weeks ago over a period of 7-10 days. It then ceased. It has returned today.

When I leave a page, whether/not I've posted there, the page will 'freeze', the 'activity window' (bottom left corner on PC which displays destination site et al) displays "waiting for Google analytics dot com"..........and, stays frozen there for upwards of ~20-30 seconds...during which I can do nothing but wait.

Now, if I stop all that by using the "X" in the top left corner of the browser, that lower display will disappear...BUT, the screen/browser remains frozen. I usually just close the tab and come back in a new tab.

It's maddening. driving me qwite qwaaaaaaazy! Especially when I consider that the 'despicables', aka Google, are likely going through my drawers!

While I confess to know-nothing-ness technically, my suspicion is of the site's server needing a whipping :lol:

FYI

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! IndyJones IndyJones - I added uBlock yesterday at your suggestion. At first, it worked like a charm!

Huh! Today, it might appear that the crafty (nefarious?) Google anal... has found a way around it!

No longer do I see that activity window in the bottom left........but.........I'm back to an enforced delay when my screen freezes as before! The delay is a little shorter than before, but still a ROYAL pain.

TCS TECHs >>>>>>> WHERE are you ? Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow server ?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
TCS TECHs >>>>>>> WHERE are you ? Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow server ?
We've asked our techs; waiting on a response, but if others aren't reporting a problem it seems it's likely to be your computer.
If ad-block stopped working, try Ghostery :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mani mani

Thanks for replying.

'Others not reporting a problem' would not necessarily isolate that issue to my equipment, from what I understand.

Could you have one of the site's techs join in here, please?

Appreciated !

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
ATTENTION TECHs

What I'll describe here was occurring 2-3 weeks ago over a period of 7-10 days. It then ceased. It has returned today.

When I leave a page, whether/not I've posted there, the page will 'freeze', the 'activity window' (bottom left corner on PC which displays destination site et al) displays "waiting for Google analytics dot com"..........and, stays frozen there for upwards of ~20-30 seconds...during which I can do nothing but wait.

Now, if I stop all that by using the "X" in the top left corner of the browser, that lower display will disappear...BUT, the screen/browser remains frozen. I usually just close the tab and come back in a new tab.

It's maddening. driving me qwite qwaaaaaaazy! Especially when I consider that the 'despicables', aka Google, are likely going through my drawers!

While I confess to know-nothing-ness technically, my suspicion is of the site's server needing a whipping :lol:

FYI
It sounds like the issue you're facing might be related to the integration of Google Analytics on the site. Sometimes, if the Google Analytics server is slow to respond or if there's a network hiccup, it might cause a delay as you've described. Rest assured, Google Analytics is primarily used for tracking aggregate website traffic and user behavior, not "going through drawers" 😂 It's an industry standard and there likely isn't a website you visit that doesn't have it.

mani mani has already initiated an investigation on our side, but meanwhile, here are a few things you can try:
  1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. This often helps with website-related issues.
  2. Disable any browser extensions or add-ons temporarily to see if one of them is causing the issue.
  3. Try accessing the site from a different browser or device to see if the problem persists.
If the problem continues, please let us know and we'll get the server admin involved.