Seperating 2 Year Old From Family

Staix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I'm moving out of my moms place in a few months and we have 7 cats. Two from the shelter, one was a stray who got pregnant and so we ended up with 4 more. The babies are about 2.5 now and one of them- DeeDee- is really attached to me, like when I started back up at work he would roam around crying for me and he sleeps with me every night. He's also close with the other cats- they will all pile on top of each other to sleep and there will be big ol' cleaning trains and everything.
I know it's not usually a great idea to seperate cats that are bonded as such, but I was still wondering if there was a possible of being able to take him with me. I would be getting one more other kitty just because I wouldnt want any cats of mine to be lonely, but he wouldnt have the others. Any advice on what would be best for him?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he particularly close with one of his siblings/housemates? If so, could you take both of them? Then they'd have each other at least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Staix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he particularly close with one of his siblings/housemates? If so, could you take both of them? Then they'd have each other at least.
Not particularly- hes very close with all of his siblings, besides I don't think my mom would let me take more than one of them

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd also go with W Willowy 's idea.
Try to gently persuade your mom to let you take another sibling,...so that he wouldn't have to be alone.
Maybe you can convince her, by pointing out some ideas...such as it would be easier on her financially, if you shared the cost of the cats, ...and when you came to visit, depending on how far, that she'd see them and all.
It's good for bonded pairs, and siblings to go together. You wouldn't have to do any new cat introductions then.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its always hard to predict how a cat will react to something like this. But there is certainly a chance he will be very bored, lonely and needy, possibly to annoying degrees, at least for a while. Cats tend to adjust to just about everything, eventually, so in the long run it shouldn't be much different from adopting a new cat. But the short run could be unhappy for the cat, and also for you, depending on their reaction.

Have you given any thought to just adopting a cat of your own?