Separating Kittens For Revolution Flea Treatment

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello~

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

A month ago I adopted two kittens that are now 4 months old. During my last checkup, I was advised to treat them with flea treatment year round since we don't have constant winter where I live. So the question is, I was advised to keep them separate for 2 hours but should I put a litter box in each room or would they be okay during this time? Also, the last time I had to separate them was only for 2 minutes, and they were scratching at the door that was separating them. I hope that door survives the 2 hours of scratching.

Thanks in advance.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I've never kept my cats apart after their Revolution. The Revolution dries pretty quickly but application area is a bit sticky for a day. It's fine to let the kittens go about their normal business after application. Just discourage them from licking each other's application site. Play time after Revolution usually works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually that’s great idea. Thanks!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also have never separated after applying. After it dries, I usually brush the area and brush most of the sticky residue away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also have never separated after applying. After it dries, I usually brush the area and brush most of the sticky residue away.
I ended up giving them their medicine separately and played with them afterwards. I think I got most of it on the fur instead of the skin though... Thankfully they’re indoor cats and it’s just for precautions.