Semi feral cat adopted

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tiggasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am confused. Bug hids when I come in the room. I brought Jo into the room. Bug runs over to see her. She is the one growling. I removed her and gave Bug treats. Later Bug is crying so I bring in Tigga. Bug runs over and Tigga is growing. Remove Tig and Bug get treats. These were the first sight to sight contact. Bug runs to growling cats but away from human with treats. Bug loves chicken btw.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bug is trying to make friends 'with ones of his own'. He came from a shelter, and probably can better relate to other cats than he can to a human - that will change! Jo and Tig will hopefully learn he just wants to be their friend. I don't think I realized you had other cats (or, forgot it due to age-related memory loss :crazy:). So, you could probably use this TCS article as well:
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – Cat Articles

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found one of the best ways to train a cat to do something is to have another cat do it. Take you least growly cat and give in chicken and love in front of Bug and he will figure it out quicker.

Tiggasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night we shared roasted chicken. Bug was about 2 feet from me on the floor. Bug did not come to his plate so I tossed pieces to him when vocals requested.

Today Bug is in his favorite corner. We are having many conversations, treats and OPEN HAND approach for pets with no dilation. :dancingblackcat:

Tiggasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think someone snuck in and stole bug last night when I went in this morning, he was over in his normal spot. I picked up his water dish, gave him his moist cat food. I then came in with his water he was standing in the middle of the room Crofton she cried while he was eating I started to pet him because I thought something was wrong he started rubbing up against my hand laid over and presented his stomach. Should I wait a few more days since he has now expressed an interest in exploring more of the house?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely sounds like he's ready to explore more of his new home. He's the only pet, right. If so, and your house is cat-proofed, then I'd probably open his door and see how he reacts.

Tiggasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3 other cats and 3 dogs. I want to set up the pheromones first for 24 hours