We love seeing each other’s cats! Why not share videos as well as photos? You can now upload your videos to TheCatSite and share them with your friends on the board!
The easiest and fastest way to share your videos is by uploading them to YouTube or Vimeo, and then embedding the video in your post. All you need to do in order to embed a video is post the URL (link address) in your post. Once you save the post, it should show up in video form.
Uploading to the site
If you prefer, you can upload small MP4 video files to the site.
Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to do just that!
1. Go to the media section and click on “Add Media”
2. Choose one of your existing albums or create a new one. Albums can contain both videos and photos. Video formats are limited to .mp4 files.
3. Simply choose “Upload Media” next, and then select your file.
Please be patient as the video gets uploaded. If you leave the page at this point, your video upload will stop and you’ll have to start all over again.
5. You can now edit your video title and description.
6. Click “Save Media” and voila! Your video is now displayed in your album.
Upload File size limit
When uploading, file size is limited to 25MB. The smaller the file, the faster the process. Viewers will also find your file easier to view if you keep the file size smaller.
You can reduce file size by –
- Reducing the camera resolution on your phone or by editing the video on your phone or computer.
- Resizing the video with movie editing software. If you’re using Windows, look for “Windows Movie Maker” (a free tool that’s included in Windows). Apple fans can use iMovies for this purpose.
- Use an online video resizing service like this one.
Want to share a larger video file? Please upload to YouTube or Vimeo and share by embedding from those sites.
Accepted file types
Our platform currently supports the following video file extensions: mp4.
If your camera produces a different type, check the settings to see if mp4 is supported. Alternatively, edit the movie in your favorite editor and save as one of the supported file types.
Embedding the movie in your post
Now that you have the video uploaded to your album you can embed it in any forum post too! Here’s how to do that –
1. Go to the video page by clicking the thumbnail in the album.
2. On the video page, look for the menu titled “Share this media” and copy the text under “Share BB [GALLERY] Code:”
As always, if you have questions or comments please let us know! The best way to get help is by posting in the Site Help forum.