Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn, the package I went to collect was cat food! vewry necessary, but not glamorous. So I go on waiting and hoping

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After you being my SS last year I had to laugh seeing that you are still on the mad dash. If you mad dash next year I will set up completion points for you so you arent mad dashing at the end lol.
I have been done with my SS shopping since like right before thanksgiving......I just didn't have a box that took the longest to wait for dfs work to get the right sized box in so I could pack it up. Lol
I hope my SS gets the connection between us because both df and I died laughing when we got the name. I hope they don't expect a post mark lol.
  I love deadlines... really. You should see me do NaNoWriMo every year. This year I managed to finish a day early, but usually, I'm so behind, I'm writing several thousand words on the last day...

this year, it's mostly finances that are killing me. Still unemployed and frustrated. I also had a ton of other projects and things that were time sensitive (local sci-fi convention I help run a part of, NaNoWriMo, Halloween, etc, etc...) ... besides, I'm the Queen of Procrastination. Why should I give up the throne now?

I will give a hint to my recipient.
I can tell you that they live in a state with at least one side bordered by ocean
Hmmm... my state is bordered by the Pacific on one side... and I haven't received anything yet.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:crazy: :anon:   I love deadlines... really. You should see me do NaNoWriMo every year. This year I managed to finish a day early, but usually, I'm so behind, I'm writing several thousand words on the last day...

this year, it's mostly finances that are killing me. Still unemployed and frustrated. I also had a ton of other projects and things that were time sensitive (local sci-fi convention I help run a part of, NaNoWriMo, Halloween, etc, etc...) ... besides, I'm the Queen of Procrastination. Why should I give up the throne now?

Hmmm... my state is bordered by the Pacific on one side... and I haven't received anything yet.
Queen of procrastination...lol if i had a throne I wouldn't give it up either. Lol

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't get my package shipped as early as I had intended -- never did find the first batch of kitty toys I stashed away.
  Anyway, the Post Office says it will get to my Santee on Saturday.   Yeah, right.  We'll see how that goes.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am planning on shipping my package on Saturday. I don't think it will get there by Christmas though. It has been a hectic month. I am really sorry that my recipient may not get it in time even though I am shipping priority.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping whoever my SS is that the package wasn't to be delivered today.  We have had a wind advisory since this afternoon and continues.  Any package delivered today could be in the next state!!!

I did check the yard as best as possible with a flashlight.  It would be nice if I could get a discrete pm to let me know to worry or not...............

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am planning on shipping my package on Saturday. I don't think it will get there by Christmas though. It has been a hectic month. I am really sorry that my recipient may not get it in time even though I am shipping priority.
I'm sure that whoever your Santee is that they will surely understand. It's the thought that counts anyway, right?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I haven't gotten my gift yet, but I have no problem getting it after Christmas. It kind of spreads out the holidays. I'm going to be so busy over the weekend and next week so even if I get my SS present next week I may just become a light-sider this year and open it on Christmas instead of tearing it open immediately. Yeah. Right. Ok, it MIGHT happen. 

I don't know if you're my SS or not, but if you are, I'm fine with it. (I just hope my santee is fine with that too cause I'm behind shipping too.....

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I feel for you, Kailie.

I'm paranoid-ly watching the tracking number and thinking "Come on! A dedicated driver could have made it to my recipient's area by now!" Even though it's not due to be delivered quite yet. (They spoiled me last year when your package made it to you 4 days early.)

To my SS - I've been dilligently watching my mail...I'm such a darksider.
But even if it makes it after Christmas, I'm cool with that. Christmas in my house lasts until sometime in early January between all the company we end up having.

Last edited:

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS, I spent many hours tonight finishing your pressies. Finished the _____ _____ _____, made ______ ______ _______, and wrapped everything else. Shoulde be out tomorrow or monday & still to you before christmas it says!!! :) :nod:

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel for you, Kailie.

I'm paranoid-ly watching the tracking number and thinking "Come on! A dedicated driver could have made it to my recipient's area by now!" Even though it's not due to be delivered quite yet. (They spoiled me last year when your package made it to you 4 days early.)
Kate, you were SUCH a wonderful SS! Whoever your Santee is this year will be very lucky!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Kate, you were SUCH a wonderful SS! Whoever your Santee is this year will be very lucky!

Aw thanks Kailie. You were a lot of fun to shop for last year. I love Secret Santa, even if the shipping part always leave me on pis and needles. Hopefully this year's santee will like their stuff as well.

Last edited: