Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2011!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Received confirmation about my order and should be shipping soon so hopefully will get here in plenty of time :)

I have been slacking though and REALLY need to get busy on the homemade item. Also need to pick up a few "pretties" of some sort but I am definitely not going anywhere near the stores until at least Monday :lol3: Black Friday and me have history from way back and do our best to avoid eachother these days!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, it's been confirmed and DH's commission check will be in the bank first thing Friday morning, so officially starting shopping for my SS during Black Friday (GOD help me!!! lol). I've been picking up a few things here and there but they were just small. I know a few main gift I want to get my santee so I'm getting up early, eating my Wheaties, and taking a Xanax before venturing out. Wish me luck! ;)

Oh, just so my santee knows, I'm a major major darksider for myself but when it comes to my santee they usually have to wait until the week before Christmas to receive their package. I'm just evil that way! 
Black Friday:  bless your heart!  You are braver than I.

Received confirmation about my order and should be shipping soon so hopefully will get here in plenty of time

I have been slacking though and REALLY need to get busy on the homemade item. Also need to pick up a few "pretties" of some sort but I am definitely not going anywhere near the stores until at least Monday
Black Friday and me have history from way back and do our best to avoid eachother these days!
Glad your order is on its way!  Mine came in yesterday, in the nick of time to be included in the package.  Or will I be waiting a bit longer to ship? 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Thanksgiving guest brought me TAPE!  I now have everything I need, except the yet unpurchased _______________

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and I havent hidden whom I am neither cant really HAHAHA

You've been a very Secretive Santa this year, hardly any hints at all.  Must be part of your new strategy. 
  It's driving me crazy not knowing who my Santa is. 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've been a very Secretive Santa this year, hardly any hints at all.  Must be part of your new strategy.  :lol3:   It's driving me crazy not knowing who my Santa is.  :nod:
Yeah I know just plodding on :clap: don't want to give anything away before I send my presents

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, my box is in the post! But where is it going? North, South, East or West, you will just have to wait and see.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, my box is in the post! But where is it going? North, South, East or West, you will just have to wait and see.
It's coming my way! 

And if my Santee reads this thread, something that may be of interest to them is happening today.  But we mustn't tease my Santee.  So I won't say more...

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is the second time I've posted in a row.  Wonder if I'm answering my ownself
 or hijacking the Secret Santa Thread? 
  But I have a dilemma and need advice.  I am finished with my shopping except for the human treats.  However, there is a craft show coming up that I will be attending.  I was planning to ship before the show, but I might see something cute there that my Santee would like.  I talked to my friend who has relatives in the very same country, state, province, group of islands, amusement park, lighthouse where my Santee lives.  She says the pressies would still arrive in time using my faithful shipping method.  They would just arrive closer to Christmas.  I was hoping some Santees would weigh in on this and help me make my decision.  Also, how do Santees feel about packages that may require a signature?  I was thinking about getting insurance or doing certified delivery this year, but don't want to cause my Santee an unwanted trip to the post office.  Any advice is welcome and appreciated; I am all stressed out about making the gravy for Thanksgiving again this year and it is troubling me at the moment. 
It's me....it's me!!!
  I am the one living in the same country, state, province, group of islands, amusement park or lighthouse as the relative of your friend!!!!! 

I think you should wait untill after the craft show! First of all, because I would love to have something from the craftshow and also, if you send off the present and then see something on the craftshow you really really would have liked to include in the gift, it would be so frustrating to have not waited to be able to include what you found at the craft show.

It's fine for the present to arrive closer to Christmas, I once got a SS present on Dec. 24th, just before noon (here the post office is open untill noon on Dec. 24th, and then at 6 PM the churchbells ring to start Christmas, so the evening on Dec. 24th is when we open the presents, after eating the very festive meal together), and once I got the present just after Christmas, which was also great, it was like a little addition to Christmas!

I would not mind if the package would require a signature, it would not change anything, as here I have to take a trip to the post office anyway, as parcels are not delivered, only letters that can fit into the letter"hole" on the door. Anything larger, books, parcels, big padded envelopes have to picked up.

So I say.... relax, think about the grave (that you have surely made allready), enjoy the craft show and then ship the SS present. :D

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's me....it's me!!!
  I am the one living in the same country, state, province, group of islands, amusement park or lighthouse as the relative of your friend!!!!! 

I think you should wait untill after the craft show! First of all, because I would love to have something from the craftshow and also, if you send off the present and then see something on the craftshow you really really would have liked to include in the gift, it would be so frustrating to have not waited to be able to include what you found at the craft show.

It's fine for the present to arrive closer to Christmas, I once got a SS present on Dec. 24th, just before noon (here the post office is open untill noon on Dec. 24th, and then at 6 PM the churchbells ring to start Christmas, so the evening on Dec. 24th is when we open the presents, after eating the very festive meal together), and once I got the present just after Christmas, which was also great, it was like a little addition to Christmas!

I would not mind if the package would require a signature, it would not change anything, as here I have to take a trip to the post office anyway, as parcels are not delivered, only letters that can fit into the letter"hole" on the door. Anything larger, books, parcels, big padded envelopes have to picked up.

So I say.... relax, think about the grave (that you have surely made allready), enjoy the craft show and then ship the SS present. :D
Ahh, more food for thought!  A lighthouse really comes in handy when you have so many llamas to keep track of, doesn't it?  Maybe I should wait until after the craft show...
  I know, I just know, there is going to be something great there. 

Oh, and the gravy turned out delicious.  Not bragging on my own cooking, but I am saying this out of shock and delight.  I really like chicken gravy, so I made it just like that, only breading and frying a piece of turkey instead of chicken for my pan drippings. 

Last edited:

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Its too quiet in here... sounds like everyone is out shopping!
Some members are being very quiet this year. I think there are new strategies at work.

I feel like I'm way behind in my shopping. But that's probably because I shipped so early last year, fearing my package wouldn't make it overseas in time. The question is, do I have an overseas Santee again this year? Hmm...I'll have to check that email to be sure.
I've been one of the quiet ones. November is a rather harried month for me. Normally by mid month, things have died down, but I have a houseguest who is *finally* going out the door for good today. I'm making plans for all the little goodies... don't worry, my Santee... you will have a box of goodies (mostly homemade) before Christmas!

Amanda

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, more food for thought!  A lighthouse really comes in handy when you have so many llamas to keep track of, doesn't it? 

Of course it does! I thought that was a common knowledge! I am so surprised that you are wondering about that, coming from the Isle of llamast yourself!  You must pepeatetly loose llamas, as without a lighthouse it is completely impossible to watch the llama herds! :D

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Received confirmation about my order and should be shipping soon so hopefully will get here in plenty of time

I have been slacking though and REALLY need to get busy on the homemade item. Also need to pick up a few "pretties" of some sort but I am definitely not going anywhere near the stores until at least Monday
Black Friday and me have history from way back and do our best to avoid eachother these days!

I wish I could go with you to the sales! There are no sales here now :(    But of course I coudn't come with you.....as then I would see what you are buying for me! :D

I am glad you are going to have the delivery just the week before Christmas, otherwise it would be so difficult for me to wait untill Christmast to open the package!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been one of the quiet ones. November is a rather harried month for me. Normally by mid month, things have died down, but I have a houseguest who is *finally* going out the door for good today. I'm making plans for all the little goodies... don't worry, my Santee... you will have a box of goodies (mostly homemade) before Christmas!

Amanda

I shall be waiting! 
  No ice here yet, which makes it dangerous when you see a box on the porch and run toward it, thinking it's from your Secret Santa.  Then you discover the box is for someone else, after learning ways to slip and fall in a new position no one has ever fallen in before. 

Of course it does! I thought that was a common knowledge! I am so surprised that you are wondering about that, coming from the Isle of llamast yourself!  You must pepeatetly loose llamas, as without a lighthouse it is completely impossible to watch the llama herds! :D

Last edited:

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shall be waiting! 
  No ice here yet, which makes it dangerous when you see a box on the porch and run toward it, thinking it's from your Secret Santa.  Then you discover the box is for someone else, after learning ways to slip and fall in a new position no one has ever fallen in before. 

You know this reminds me of my first year doing SS. I was running out the door to a doctors apointment, and I opened the door and fell over my SS box!  Silly postman left it RIGHT in front of my door, no knock or anything to let  me know it was there.  It was TORTURE to have to just put it in the house and run off to my apt... I was already running late!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, today (yes on Black Friday), I went shopping with a friend and I bought _________ to make _______, _________, and _________. I'm a very crafty person.

I didn't mention it before, but was thinking about it. I can't remember getting snooped ever. Likely because I'm so stinking thorough with my stuff in the hints thread and my email... no need to snoop!! What can I say, I'm an open book.

Man, a 600 square foot apartment feels a lot bigger without a houseguest around. It's strange... but very nice.

I'll be working on those above "mentioned" gifties this weekend...

GAH!!! almost forgot the Llama!!! Shoot. heh heh heh...

Amanda