Searching For A Grain Free Wet Food, Without Chicken In It's Ingredient.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a surprise! You'll have to tell us all about him later. :)
One thing, then I gotta go get ready for work. If you should see a few of my post since I joined the boards, you may remember, I used the words they, etc.. When I did, no one asked who's they was, .... LOL

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used the words they, etc.. When I did, no one asked who's they
I don't remember. But maybe I thought you were talking about his kitten. Or one of the dogs. I can't wait to hear all about him later!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Li'l Cal's the original resident monkey. You kind of have to go back to the start of Santi's original thread.
I can't find Santi's original thread. But maybe you could start a new one? I'm excited to hear all about Santi's brother Li'l Cal. Tell us everything. I'm nosy like that. :D

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't find Santi's original thread. But maybe you could start a new one? I'm excited to hear all about Santi's brother Li'l Cal. Tell us everything. I'm nosy like that. :D
If you remember, Santi's thread began with my asking for assistance / recommendations for rescues, etc.. Which evolved to being his thread. That thread was started due to my experiences while trying to find a place for Li'l Cal.

Anyways, long story short. Once he got vetted, and with no luck. I gave him my word that I'll take care of him! Same as I did with Santi.

One day when things ease up around here, I may start a dual kid thread! ... ;)

For example, I got may be 3 hours sleep yesterday, while still having to work last night. OK, will stop playing my violin! ... :lol:

Pops

KrystnHAP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats love the Koha limited ingredient diets. Both of mine have issues with chicken and grains. The formulas are high in protein and free of potatoes, grains, and peas. I also like to mix in some fish formulas occasionally, so I love Fist Mate. They don't use any gums to thicken their formulas, and the result is easier to digest food. Not all of their formulas are chicken free, but I rotate between the fish flavours.
For dry, I feed Farmina. It does have chicken fat and eggs, but they are not the same as chicken protein, so my cats do not react to either. If you prefer going completely chicken free, take a look at Nature's Variety, Limited Ingredient Diets.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember very well the start with Santini. Now I know where you have been. Walking around in a daze from no rest! OMG. So many people are struggling to find safe cat foods now. Actually I think you did mention Lil Cat early on. Maybe it was in a PM but I was in AZ pretty early in the run for Santini. That was when he had to beat the ants to the food and that was when it wasn’t storming! You’ve come a very long way.
I’m sorry you are doing the kitty food shuffle. Me too. It can drive you..... well to exhaustion and to every store that carries cat food! I’ve actually even called the cat food companies to take them to task about their ingredients! How dare they put yuck in their food! If it makes you feel any better, I had 25 like a good, eat it and then all throw up that night. :eek2: That was the first company I called. ;) They offered me coupons for free food! Really?!?!?! No!
I am still trying brands and some are accepted well by five cats, rejected by fiftenn and half eaten by the rest. The real trick is keeping track of which cat could eat which food! :runaround:
If only we had an edit button for cat food purchases!
It sounds like you are on the right track though. Good suggestions by others. I hope the kids find something tasty and digestible! Like, right now!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats love the Koha limited ingredient diets. Both of mine have issues with chicken and grains. The formulas are high in protein and free of potatoes, grains, and peas. I also like to mix in some fish formulas occasionally, so I love Fist Mate. They don't use any gums to thicken their formulas, and the result is easier to digest food. Not all of their formulas are chicken free, but I rotate between the fish flavours.
For dry, I feed Farmina. It does have chicken fat and eggs, but they are not the same as chicken protein, so my cats do not react to either. If you prefer going completely chicken free, take a look at Nature's Variety, Limited Ingredient Diets.
K KrystnHAP ; Thanks! I checked out the Koha site, and it's great that they sell it by the can. Depending how things go (with what I'm able to purchase locally), I'll more then likely give them a shot.

Thanks for the tip on Farmina, as well!

I tried the NVI, and it was, unfortunately a No Go! Looked at it, gave it a smell, then looked up at me with that questionable look. ... :lol:

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember very well the start with Santini. Now I know where you have been. Walking around in a daze from no rest! OMG. So many people are struggling to find safe cat foods now. Actually I think you did mention Lil Cat early on. Maybe it was in a PM but I was in AZ pretty early in the run for Santini. That was when he had to beat the ants to the food and that was when it wasn’t storming! You’ve come a very long way.
I’m sorry you are doing the kitty food shuffle. Me too. It can drive you..... well to exhaustion and to every store that carries cat food! I’ve actually even called the cat food companies to take them to task about their ingredients! How dare they put yuck in their food! If it makes you feel any better, I had 25 like a good, eat it and then all throw up that night. :eek2: That was the first company I called. ;) They offered me coupons for free food! Really?!?!?! No!
I am still trying brands and some are accepted well by five cats, rejected by fiftenn and half eaten by the rest. The real trick is keeping track of which cat could eat which food! :runaround:
If only we had an edit button for cat food purchases!
It sounds like you are on the right track though. Good suggestions by others. I hope the kids find something tasty and digestible! Like, right now!
You wanna hear something funny?

I have all this new food, an well. I still gotta try one on the both of'um! My only guess is, I hate seeing the rejection! ... :crackup: ... That's gotta be a first on the boards. Don't you think? ... :insertevillaugh:

Poops, I mean, Pops

Great memory, BTW!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never forget a friendly face or fur! :lol:
I hate the rejection too! I’m finding that there was a company outsourcing some food manufacturing but they are changing that. Yay!
My cats used to devour any Fancy Feast but now they have made a community decision to make me buy the FF pate’ and some want the grilled. They all seem to like the flaked fish and shrimp but I can’t find that in bulk. :rolleyes3: Of course. I think the cats know that.
I have been down the aisles of every pet supply place and bought rounds of every food out there. Picky little critters! Even the high dollar with the best ingredients get rejected. With this many kitties , it’s a dilemma. I have done some home cooked food for them. Of course that was a big hit but I need a cafeteria to do that daily here. :) I switch it up and try to give the best nourishment possible. I’ll let you know if I find cat food purrfection! :p
I think we need an emoji here of a cat in front of a food dish with his nose pointed up and a disgusted look on his face. Maybe the word ,” Never!” Of course this works too.........:coolcat::insertevillaugh: