Searching For A Grain Free Wet Food, Without Chicken In It's Ingredient.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We buy Fromm's dry. They only have one size 15 lb, $49. However, it lasts one cat free feeding 3 months. When I open it, I put it in sandwich bags and seal them. It's one cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to try a limited ingredient dry food on my two. I'll see what I can find. Dr. Elsey's is probably too expensive for me though. Would you believe that with the billion different cat foods I've tried on them, I have never returned a single thing. I wasted a lot of money throwing stuff out.
Yeah, I threw a lot out as well! It is kind of embarrassing when I return stuff, but I got to know the folks at Petco cause I took Calvin in for a bath (self service) every week to a week and a half for somewhere around three, or four years.

The boy love's the Salmon, but it has chicken in it, so, .....

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We buy Fromm's dry. They only have one size 15 lb, $49. However, it lasts one cat free feeding 3 months. When I open it, I put it in sandwich bags and seal them. It's one cat.
Good idea, bagging the food. I use a gallon size zip lock bag for the 2 lb Dr. Elsey's Dry. I just make sure my hands are dry before measure it out in the bowls.

Pops

Nursemike3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tiki Pet (Petco, Chewy.com) has a lot of different no grain, no carb limited ingredient food that has a lot of real fish like mackrel, calamari ahi tuna with prawns , fish in lobster or crab consumee too. It actually looks appetizing. My cats love that stuff. They got chicken, which is like the cheapest protein. I do not give them too much tuna, but this stuff looks pretty awesome. They also like science diet beef, and Blue Buffalo has wet food with venison and fish.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiki Pet (Petco, Chewy.com) has a lot of different no grain, no carb limited ingredient food that has a lot of real fish like mackrel, calamari ahi tuna with prawns , fish in lobster or crab consumee too. It actually looks appetizing. My cats love that stuff. They got chicken, which is like the cheapest protein. I do not give them too much tuna, but this stuff looks pretty awesome. They also like science diet beef, and Blue Buffalo has wet food with venison and fish.

Thanks, the food does look great, but he doesn't like Tiki Cat! I still have a can on the food counter. Don't know why these guys have to be so tough when it comes to eating.

Pops

Oh, he love's the Tiki Cat Tuna Flakes / Topper.

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you ever tried Bonito Flakes as a topper? I haven't, but a lot of people on here mention it.
Yes, learned about Bonito Flakes here on the boards. I'll be sticking to the Tiki Cat though, because it's (well the top 3/4 of the bag) made up of large saved flakes. When we get to the last 1/4 of the bag, the flakes are really small (sorta like when you get to the last part of a bag of popcorn), the bag get tossed! Why, cause he don't like the small shavings!

Oh, BTW, the Tiki Cat is served as a side dish. Place the stuff on the food. I get the "why'd you do that fur"? And it's gotta be the Tuna, cause he don't like the Smoked Mackerel! Stupid me, for thinking I'd give'm a different fish!

I'm getting low on the Dr. Elsey's, so I gotta make time on Sunday morning, to see if I'm able to find an alternative, or I'll place another order.

What I really need, is a day off, or two. But that ain't gonna happen!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Santi sounds just like Demi. He is so picky about every little thing, the brand, the flavor, the texture, how it is arranged on the plate. :rolleyes3:

Thanks for telling me about the bigger fish flakes, I did see some that were almost like a powder, so I'll avoid those.

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed my cat Tiki Cat salmon mousse, which is basically salmon puree with a big of egg and added vitamins. They also have a wild salmon canned food which is chicken-free.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed my cat Tiki Cat salmon mousse, which is basically salmon puree with a big of egg and added vitamins. They also have a wild salmon canned food which is chicken-free.

Thanks for the tip! The kid likes Tiki Cat Stix Wet Treats, which is a mouse, so .....

As far as the can stuff, he doesn't like it, so .....

:insertevillaugh:

Although I'd rather crash early this morning. I'll be heading out to Petco! Possibly to Petsmart as well, gonna have to see how it goes. I don't want to be caught sleeping on the wheel, at 0830. ... :p

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I figure I'd post this photo of the new food I bought this morning. You knows? Some of you's may be thinking, yeah heard that before, he ain't going today!

So, .....

One thing though, aside from giving the mgr. at Petco the heads up on what I'm doing! I'm really tired, and every thing was getting to be a blur, so I'm gonna do a bit a further research tomorrow. ... :cool2:

BTW, I had a coupon for three FREE Sheba's, so I figure I'd use it, and not let it go to waste!

Side note: the cans in the background is their regular food, and the two boxes in the center is the stuff they don't like!

Side note: before you's ask, the chicken stuff to the right in the photo, is fur his buddy! He probably ain't gonna eat it, but I figured I didn't want him to feel left out! So, ......

Poops, I mean, Pops

Oh, the "Please Do Not Move" sign was placed under Santi and his kitten's glass meatloaf water bowl when they were on property. Kept it as a memento, kind of sorta thing.

Just wanted to say, Thanks Again fur all of your inputs, and help! ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, I sure like my "Edit Button", sure having fun with it today! WOW, this tree is high, ain't it? ... :hangin: .... :wavey: ... Can yous tell I'm getting a bit punchy? .... :p

OK, OK, I'm gonna get something to eat real quick like, then catch some Z's! ... :sleep:

Before I leaves you'all, did I mention, I really like my Edit Button?

OK, I'll catch you guys on the rebound!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I'm not sure I understood all that. Who is Santi's buddy that he's sharing his food with?

That's a lotta food. I hope he likes it. Come back after you get some sleep and give us Santi's reviews of everything.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL! I'm not sure I understood all that. Who is Santi's buddy that he's sharing his food with?

That's a lotta food. I hope he likes it. Come back after you get some sleep and give us Santi's reviews of everything.
Here's the little monkey. Santi's buddy, and my boy Calvin's namesake, Li'l Cal.

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You got a second cat?! When?
Li'l Cal's the original resident monkey. You kind of have to go back to the start of Santi's original thread. I mentioned a few things, in regards to having to figure out, how I'm gonna have to work things out, having to do a lot of convincing, etc., etc.. Well he's the reason why! He gave Santi his room, so Santi could vent / decompress, and most importantly, if Li'l Cal would except him.

I'm confident to say, it was all the information I read here in "the cat site" boards, which gave these two the best chance to figure it out. Everything's been about Santi, is why Li'l Cal's been in a incognito, kind of sorta thing.

Anyways, thanks to my cousin as well!

Pops

It's funny how things happen. I think I mentioned it once or twice previously, if I would've taken the contract / work in CA back in the fall of 2017. I would more then likely be in CA till the fall of this year, and would've (as I was planning to do, should I was heading to CA) gone to a High Kill Shelter, then adopt an older dog to work with me.

Well, I decided to stay in AZ. By making that decision, I had to learn about cats!

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huh. I don't remember you ever mentioning him. :headscratch:
:insertevillaugh: ... I never mentioned him! I was mostly working on Santi, and the new situation. I was meaning to say, you had to read between the lines, kind of sorta thing. ... ;)

I figured one day he'll weasel his way in, and well, here he is! ... LOL

Pops