Screen Door Suggestions

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live on the 2nd floor. A patio door opens onto a small deck--I have a bird feeder hanging from one of the railings [the hanger goes up, so the feeder is easily visible to my cat]. She was adopted last October, so there was only one time I had the glass door open before the cold set in. That one time, she spotted a bird on the roof and climbed the screen door nearly to the top. Needless to say, I have patches on the screen now. Is there a product or suggestion that will allow me to open the glass door and enjoy the air without having to be on guard constantly?

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We just went with heavy duty screens for our screen door. It's metal mesh rather then the normal thin/flimsy fiber stuff. My cats climb it all the time in the summer, some will even hang on the door for awhile and watch the birds and other wildlife. The only time I have had issues is with my heavier (16+ lb) cats and even then it's just occasional small holes.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We have a metal screen door guard that we prop into the door when the screen door is open. Just because my Mom figures it is cheaper to lean it against the door as needed instead of attaching it and damaging the screen frame.