Scared-please Help

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok so the past few days my 4 year old felix was a bit hyper and was pouncing a bit more on his brother Oscar (also 4) it seemed like play (and oscar sometimes started it) so I tried not to worry (even though I worry about everything-I have GAD) as most folks said it was just a case of spring fever. But then I noticed that somebody wasn't covering their pee (they are usually good about covering but this has happened before where sometimes they don't cover but it seems to be happening a drop more the past few days which got me a bit scared). And this AM before I left I saw Oscar go in the box and not cover at all (but I think he might have gotten a little distracted by my opening a drawer) so I was scared but ok. Then tonight I come home and go the change their box and Felix follows and it seemed sorta like Oscar saw him go into the favorite box (there were still 4 other boxes in the room he could use) and turned around a left like he didn't want to go anymore (before this I have seem them go in front of each other and at the same time). Felix pees, covers and leaves and then as I'm cleaning Oscar comes in and goes a bit in a diff box and he like half covers and then gets out. I scoop it and then he comes back and like digs at the litter for like 30 seconds hops out and goes on his merry way. What does this mean? Does it mean anything? Are they mad at each other? Is trouble brewing? They came as a bonded pair of littermates and are fixed. They don't cuddle all the time but they do romp (no hissing, puffy fur, blood or anything), eat together nicely, give each other a lick now and then, sit/sleep near each other and in general don't seem to mind being in the same room together/avoid each other. Oscar has crystals back in Nov but we have him on new food and that seems to have fixed it-62 days no accidents)
please help!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the pee clumps big enough, normal size, not too small?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are the pee clumps big enough, normal size, not too small?
most of them are like golf balls (maybe a drop bigger or a drop smaller). the last one Oscar made was on the smaller side it was about the width and length of my middle finger (maybe a bit longer)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds okay, as long as they aren't constantly going back to the litterbox and peeing small amounts. They weren't fighting, so I don't think they are mad at each other.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neither of my cats cover their pee. One is female and one is male. The male will sometimes get in the box and dig around but not do anything. If the peeing and pooping is otherwise normal it is probably okay.