Saving Mom And Kittens From A Hurricane

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
Help! How can I help a feral mommy and her 2 kittens only 11 days old. She's use to me feeding her and her other friends and I was thinking of trapping her and putting her inside and bringing in her kittens to her but someone said that she might stop feeding them due to the stress
I live in Miami Florida and we have a category 4 hurricane coming Sunday

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help! How can I help a feral mommy and her 2 kittens only 11 days old. She's use to me feeding her and her other friends and I was thinking of trapping her and putting her inside and bringing in her kittens to her but someone said that she might stop feeding them due to the stress
I live in Miami Florida and we have a category 4 hurricane coming Sunday
It’s worth a shot!! Buy replacement milk for the kittens just in case she won’t. They won’t survive outside

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bring them in! She likely won’t stop feeding them. She’ll sense the weather outside is bad. Make sure she has a private area in your home even if it is inside a cardboard with just a door cut for mom to go in and out. She needs to feel that her babies are safe.

And do buy a can of powdered kitten formula and a 1-2 mL syringe just in case. (No Hartz powder) PetAg is good.

Keep us posted!

Kitty_Oliver Kitty_Oliver