Sammy is missing!!!!! DEVISTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I am trying hard to stay positive. Each day he isn't home is another crack in my heart. I am thankful that I have Zander and Luci to fill the void in the house. Nothing will ever take his place but I just hope where ever he is, he is safe, warm and loved.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When our neighborhood homeless kitty Timmy went missing back in early 2007, I posted pictures of him in the neighborhood for several blocks on neon yellow construction paper so it would be easily seen.  I also put REWARD in large letters.  I planned to give $25.  People would be more likely to help out if there is the promise of a reward.  Sad to say.  But anything will help!  

I actually DID get a call from 2 people.  No luck though.  One call lead to a "lost" (more likely dumped) yellow female about to give birth who hadn't eaten in over a week.  I brought two cans of food I knew Timmy would love so I gave it to her.   Bless her.   Luckily, the neighbors of the couple who called me took her in and let her give birth and raise her kittens.  There are good people in the world!  

I never found Timmy sadly, but he wasn't mine to start with.  He was a very sweet boy and I fed him from time to time.  He became homeless when some idiot owner in the neighborhood moved out and left him.  This happened years before I even moved to the area.  If I had a single family home I could have taken him in and separated him from the others.  They were only buddies as long as a nice thick piece of glass (my storm door) separated them.  As soon as I opened the door just a little crack, the hissing began!

I'm really hoping you have the same outcome as Norachan!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's way too soon to give up yet.

How old is your daughter?  How is she handling this?

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sammy came to me in a dream last night. I'm not sure if he was telling me good-bye or that I need to keep looking.

I put up a flyer at a store a few miles down the road. Maybe someone will bring him home if they know how much he is loved and missed.

@Margret  my daughter is almost 16, she's fine. Sammy was my cat so she wasn't that close to him.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you registered Sammy with Home Again?  It's a rescue organization which send out email notifications, to those who've signed up for it, about any lost animal along with the pictures of the animal and identifying information like sex, color, microchipping, etc.  This is the email version of fliers and posters.  

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry he hasn't made it home yet don't give up hope though. My sons cat was gone for 17 days before he showed up again. I assumed that somebody took him in and it just took him a bit to escape and make it home. Hopefully something similar is going on with Sammy. Best wishes and I hope he comes home very soon.