Sammy is missing!!!!! DEVISTATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am asking everyone to please send good vibes and if you pray, please pray that my Sammy comes home!!!!!

I was running late for work Saturday morning and when I went out the door he scampered out. He usually goes out but will come back in before I leave. When he stays out he ALWAYS will meet me when I get home because he knows it's feeding time.

I haven't seen him since Saturday morning. I've walked and called until I about froze yesterday and Saturday afternoon and night. I haven't slept much because the temps have been in the mid 20's and I am worried he may be injured and can't make it home.

It's just too soon after loosing Ghost. I am a wreck right now.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope you find him soon.  I will keep you in my thoughts.  Please keep us updated.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Still no sign. My roommate is keeping a vigil at the house watching for him. 

My heart is breaking every moment I don't hear he's home.

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry! Have you tried calling the shelters and rescues? If you live in an area like I do, call Animal Control. If, God forbid, he was hurt and somebody was kind enough to call him in then they should know where your kitty is.

Best of luck and I hope he comes home safe and sound

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry! Have you tried calling the shelters and rescues? If you live in an area like I do, call Animal Control. If, God forbid, he was hurt and somebody was kind enough to call him in then they should know where your kitty is.

Best of luck and I hope he comes home safe and sound
I live in a VERY rural area. There is no animal control here.

Thanks, I hope he will be home soon.

catsneedloveink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in a rural area, too and when it comes to cats, it stinks! Instead of animal control officers, we have Dog Wardens. They are called that because they only take dog calls which irks me to no end. My BIL had called me on his way to work about an injured cat. When I got there it was obvious he was hit by a car. I call the dog warden (didn't know at the time they didn't care about cats) and thankfully she had just taken over the position since the previous warden wouldn't have done anything. She met me, picked up the cat and took it to the vet in another county since her county doesn't have one. I left a note at the house where I found the cat and it was a happy ending. I love that dog warden. She said it didn't matter to get what kind of animal it was...if it needed help, she was going to respond regardless if it barks, meows or moos. Sorry....but if a tangent there. But, it just gave me an idea....if there is no animal control, maybe give local law enforcement a call to see if there was any kind of report. If I were to hit an animal like a cat or dog, I would call somebody and probably never drive again after that.

How about posting signs or knocking on doors?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Sammy. Have you tried posting a picture on the bulletin board at the grocery store? Be sure and include his name and little tear off tags with your phone number. Most people are happy to help if they can, in my experience.

Margret

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I'm so sorry.  I was really hoping I'd log on to see that you'd found him.  I'm still hoping that the universe sees fit to return him to you  Keep the faith.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still no sign of Sammy. I rode up and down the road when I got home yesterday. Called him for half the night.

The temp went down to 17 F. last night. I just pray he was inside somewhere. Needless to say, I haven't slept.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to print some signs up today. I had hoped he would be home yesterday.

My vet tech lives behind me and she and her children are keeping an eye out for him if he is taken to the vet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that he's missing. I hope he just found a warm place to hide for a while and will be home soon safe and sound.

Many vibes out that he is OK and will be found quickly :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hugs:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still no sign of Sammy. I and my daughters go out every day and walk and look. I pray he is ok and has found a warm place with people who love him as much as I do.

Still praying he comes home soon. It was a week Saturday.

geri-p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Sammy and I feel your pain.  Never give up hope.  Here's hoping that he reappears soon. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Still no sign of Sammy. I and my daughters go out every day and walk and look. I pray he is ok and has found a warm place with people who love him as much as I do.

Still praying he comes home soon. It was a week Saturday.
I'm sorry that he's still missing. There is always hope that he will will be found or come home. I don't know if you have seen this thread before but it might help you keep your hopes up. @Norachan's Sophie was found after having been missing for about 6 weeks and now she's home safe and sound with all of her friends. 

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/309029/saying-goodbye-to-sophie

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can only imagine how you must feel.  Try to stay positive.  I hope he finds his way home soon.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh NOOOO!!!!  I"m so sorry! 

I've heard that cats "get lost" rather close to home but then they hide, they become scared to move.  So he could be close by and I SURE HOPE SO!!!