Safely destructible cat toy recommendations.

Picky_Piki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was curious if anyone knew of cat toys that could be shredded and safely consumed.

Our 7 month old kitten isn't destructive per say. But he does have a knack for tearing apart all his toys and trying to eat them. So we can only let him play supervised. He is just in his teenage whack-o age.

He loves his crinkly paper ball but started shredding it. So we took it away.
He loves his cat cushion but dug a hole in it and started pulling out the stuffing and trying to eat it.
He loves the card board wire toy and chews it.
Feathers? Shreds them and tries eating them.
He started using the cat scratching post and eating the carpet off of it. (we had to shave all the lose bits off so he wouldn't do that)

He does have almost every type of cat toy possible but I'm looking for something he can tear apart and if he swallows pieces, it won't hurt him.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i buy stuffed dog toys for graycie to play with they last longer than cat toys.i always toss out any toy that gets torn or busted at the seams.mainly cause i dont want her eating any string or fabric :lol:she gets enough string type stuff eating strands of my gf's hair

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try a Yeoww catnip banana. It is packed with catnip so if you kittens tears through she will get catnip to eat. There is a solid catnip ball that she may enjoy rolling or chewing on. Cat springs aren’t edible but pretty much indestructible and cats love them.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been wondering this myself so I'll be keeping an eye on the answers you get. Max ate a hole into both his catnip pickles, even the thicker "I'm a big dill" one with multiple layers (took him a little longer but he did it). I got him a teaser with a silvervine stick and he gnaws so hard on it that I'm braced to hear it splinter in half. First time I've had a kitten that likes to chew vs clawing his toys.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wondering this myself so I'll be keeping an eye on the answers you get. Max ate a hole into both his catnip pickles, even the thicker "I'm a big dill" one with multiple layers (took him a little longer but he did it). I got him a teaser with a silvervine stick and he gnaws so hard on it that I'm braced to hear it splinter in half. First time I've had a kitten that likes to chew vs clawing his toys.
Willow gets a new banana every Christmas. Within a couple weeks she chews open one end and starts sucking out the catnip. I sew it shut, she tears it open again and we repeat. By the time the year is over it’s flat and a third it’s original size. Keeps her happy though.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would try a Yeoww catnip banana. It is packed with catnip so if you kittens tears through she will get catnip to eat. There is a solid catnip ball that she may enjoy rolling or chewing on. Cat springs aren’t edible but pretty much indestructible and cats love them.
I second (third?) the banana. The rainbow is nice too. They hold up well to biting and clawing.