Safe cleaning products?

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone

Hoping someone can offer some advice, looking for pet friendly general cleaning spray??
I have a kitty with allergies(suspected environmental) so I’ve gotten rid of all my Yankee Candles and smelly things but I’m a bit lost on what I can use for general cleaning.
I’ve been reading about a brand called Method who use all natural ingredients but not sure if this would be safe??
It’s mainly just for wiping tables, shelves, countertops etc.

I live in the UK so would be need to be something I can get on the UK Amazon.

Any recommendations would be great!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look for baby safe products. I generally get an all-purpose spray in a fragrance-free formula. If you are using wipes or glass cleaners, I look for those in an ammonia-free formula. Windex makes a glass cleaner with vinegar instead of ammonia. For wipes, Seventh Generation makes them without ammonia. I have also found wipes in the baby section of Target that didn't include ammonia. Ammonia evaporates quickly and is a popular ingredient in glass cleaners and wipes. It is also a powerful scent component of cat pee. I don't want to invite my cat to one-up the sprays and wipes and apply her own scent over them. For my carpet cleaner, I just add a small amount of dish soap and vinegar to the water tank rather than using one of the prepackaged detergents.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Method is a brand that Target prefers. If it was causing problems with pets, we would have heard about it by now. My only concern with that brand is that everything seems to have a fragrance. If they have a fragrance-free cleaner, that's the one I would use around sensitive dog and cat noses.

DorasCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone

Hoping someone can offer some advice, looking for pet friendly general cleaning spray??
I have a kitty with allergies(suspected environmental) so I’ve gotten rid of all my Yankee Candles and smelly things but I’m a bit lost on what I can use for general cleaning.
I’ve been reading about a brand called Method who use all natural ingredients but not sure if this would be safe??
It’s mainly just for wiping tables, shelves, countertops etc.

I live in the UK so would be need to be something I can get on the UK Amazon.

Any recommendations would be great!
I like to use warm water with some vinegar.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Safest is 50:50 water/vinegar and steam cleaning.

Any marketing claim that states pet safe, use with caution.

For disposable wipes, get those that are labeled fragrance free, paraben free, alcohol free and soap free.

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another vote for non-toxic, homemade cleaners with vinegar, water, soap, etc. I started this years ago because I have my own allergies and chemical sensitivities.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds Cleaner:

You can use it for just about anything you would clean with water... Floors & countertops. Dishes. Laundry. Pots and pans.
Just a spoonful or two in a bucket of warm water is all you need. We put a spoonful in a plastic spray bottle and fill it with water for spot cleaning and wiping up spills. Works great for cleaning up cat puke! ;)