S.O.S. - Kinney has anorexia/anemia

aprilprey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My heart is sick over this.  I really feel for you - how awful.  I hope you can work through the grief and find yourself remembering the good times.  I am so very sorry.

ladybug60

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dan, words cannot express how devastated I am to hear that Kinney lost his brave fight.  You did all you could to save him.  I was so hoping for a successful outcome.

My heart breaks for you as you mourn your loss. 

Denise

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You both fought hard, my heart breaks for the one left behind. Please accept my condolences, Kinney was a beautiful soul. RIP beautiful Kinney!

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dan this is just incomprehensible. I am so sad beyond words. It is hard to believe that his death was related to his cancer and it seems more likely that this was a reaction to the chemotherapy or some kind of screw up in administering it, the Doxorubicin/Adriamycin, as he crashed so completely and so suddenly. I hope they give you some closure as far as what they believe happened- not that it matters as you have lost your precious boy.

I am SO SO sorry- heartbroken for you, and very shocked. You and Kinney are in my thoughts and prayers. I never expected this. I know Kinney is in the other world, the spirit world and that he will be there to greet you and to be with you in the next life. It is no consolation for what you are going through now. But he is not in pain now and he is happy. It is those of us who are left behind to deal with the vacuum of the loss. You did every possible thing for your boy, everything, and you took great care to plan the best treatment for him. I am just so sad and sorry :-)

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dan32 I just had to post again and tell you I am still thinking about you and your boy and am so sorry for your loss. What you said about him being the life of the party and how the house was empty and his toys there, well I know that feeling too, and I just feel so bad for you. :( :( :(. Your Kinney was/is so beautiful inside and out and like Toby, his sick body was just not enough to hold his beautiful bright spirit. I feel like I know Kinney and am grieving for your family.

roxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dan32, just wanted to let you know that you're still in my thoughts and prayers. After I lost Callie and Oreo I still put bowls out for their wet food for a long time. I had to throw Callie's bed away. I couldn't look at it without crying. I hope that time will ease your pain. Take care. :sniffle::(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words..

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry. Really really sad....
Kinney was blessed to have you as his parent.

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try again, changed the privacy settings.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dan32 that is a wonderful tribute to Kinney and my favorite song too, "i will". All the words are so fitting for your boy. He is so beautiful and I think he will wait for you. 

dan32

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks BarbB: A beautiful love song from "The White Album".   Something pretty to hum to myself and remember.

I thought to tie things up yesterday and went back to the hospital to pick up Kinney's ashes, claim the carrier, and settle up the bill.  It was Tuesday after all, what had become our doctor day.  I am hoping to never go back there again.  It always amazes me the tiny bag of dust after it is all over - what I had been hoping all summer to avoid.  When I got home, I put the carrier out in a prominent place so the brothers could inspect it and get a good load of his smells for a few days before I pack it off.  I remember from before to let the old smells linger around for awhile and not to be in too big of a rush to move on.

So quiet without him.

roxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful and fitting tribute. I didn't know about leaving things with their smell out for a while. I was trying to ease my own pain by getting things out of sight that reminded me. I didn't realize the other cats needed closure too. Thanks for sharing that info and for the video.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dan32 I know what you mean. I left Toby's carrier in the car for the longest time bc I did not want to bring it in without him and have the other cats think about it. As soon as I did bring it in, they spent a lot of time around it. Lola who was closest to him, started sleeping in it and so it is still in the kitchen where I brought it in, and it is 'her' spot in the kitchen. Here is a pic of her with Toby.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to watch his memorial again, it was so sweet. I loved the picture of him and the other two boys on the bench. I feel the same way too about Toby's ashes, a kind of disbelief. In Kinney's case, all the more bc he went so suddenly :( :( :(.