Rug Scratcher

knikoleellis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had my kitten about a month now.... I still keep her in the safe room (a spare room full of toys and her litter box and food and water) while I'm at work and at night, because she scratches the furniture and walls when she's out even when I'm home even when I stop her and I've bought the stay off spray.

But I realized today she's been scratching at the brand new carpet in my apartment. Is there a way to get this to stop? There's 3 scratching posts in her room so I don't understand why. Any tips would help please?!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
knikoleellis,

Certain cats like to scratch certain kind of materials. I have 4 scratch posts and one scratch board for him but he chose my sofas :lol3:
Maybe you can get a smaller piece of the similar carpet for your kitty? Or maybe it's because the carpet is new and that's why he's trying it out and maybe give up on it soon.
Or try putting some sticky tape over where she like to scratch on the carpet?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
knikoleellis,

Certain cats like to scratch certain kind of materials. I have 4 scratch posts and one scratch board for him but he chose my sofas :lol3:
Maybe you can get a smaller piece of the similar carpet for your kitty? Or maybe it's because the carpet is new and that's why he's trying it out and maybe give up on it soon.
Or try putting some sticky tape over where she like to scratch on the carpet?