Ruby off to University vet hospital.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending all the good vibes i can out to Ruby! (and of course to Ruby's guardians both feline, canine and human!) Hope the doctors can figure it all out!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, she's off for her ultrasound in a couple of hours....I'm keeping everything crossed and am trying not to think the worst, I'll keep you informed.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Extra special be well vibes and prayers for Ruby, and calming ones for you and your family!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm hoping that the tests go well and they can figure out what is going on, and how to treat it so Ruby has a very long and happy life with her loving family.
Thanks Heidi you're the best

I wish I could be with her for the ultrasound, but Max's show starts today so he couldn't, and I couldn't stay that long from work, really. The vet said we were welcome to stay - he's so great!

But she's there now and I'll find out in about half an hour or so.

I am imagining all kinds of horrible worst-case scenarios and putting myself through agony thinking what if she has to be put down
or something like that. I would die if anything happened to her, and I don't think I'd have the strength to be able to say goodbye, either.

But I'm probably totally overdoing it and I need to relax - there's probably nothing wrong with her at all!! **crosses everything**

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet just called and said Ruby is absolutely fine - no abnormalities whatsoever.

He said the panting, exercise intolerance could well be behavioural - she's a bit lazy, probably. He also said she's a little overweight. Although he was quick to add we haven't done anything wrong, it's probably metabolic, according to him.

So he wants her to maintain the weight she is at while she keeps growing, and not to put on any more, and she'll be just right once she reaches her full size. He also said that being overweight in her situation is a good thing, because, and I quote, `sick dogs don't get fat'

He did say that it could be caused by something medical, however the `two big ones' have been ruled out - her heart and kidneys - and both are perfect.

WOO HOO WOO HOO!!!

I am over the moon!!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! How terrific is that! Way to go Ruby! Congratulations, what a relief!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We certainly are!! I am rapt. My darling girl

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry Sarah but just caught this thread. I am so happy that Ruby is OK. Your Ruby and Chester remind me so much of my Sam and Spike and I always think of your 2 kids.

What a major relief!!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she was SO funny when we just went to collect her. Because she had been sedated for the ultrasound, when we went to get her she was still asleep. She recognised us, of course, and was wagging her tail madly with a big smile, but as soon as she got in the car she just got that kind of blank `I don't know where I am' expression.

Max had to drag her out of the car - he had his arms around her waist and she wouldn't budge, and then she ended up half out and half in - back legs still on the seat, front legs on the ground. Then when he finally got her out she just plonked down in the driveway, so he had to try and lift her inside - even seeing Chester's eager face at the door didn't register!!

Poor wobbly baby, she'll have a good sleep now! (Right after a good drink, I'm sure...lol)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so glad that Ruby's OK! Extra cuddles tonight for her.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I missed this during the tech problem we had
I am glad Ruby is ok