Round Growth Along Kitten Gumline

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm having another issue with my foster kitten that seems unrelated to his megaesophagus. Today I noticed a growth along Froggy's gumline by his molars. Unfortunately I couldn't manage a picture of it (I only have two hands and he was uncooperative ;)) but it's about the size of a lentil and the shape of a pea. The color is similar to his normal gum color but slightly purpler. I just got back from vacation so I'm not certain how long it has been there, but I would safely say less than a week. It doesn't seem to cause discomfort, but he's on a liquid diet so he's not having to chew with it.

The vet can't see him till tomorrow afternoon, so in the meantime I'm just wondering what the possibilities are. I tried googling it but all I was getting were horrendous options, so can someone reassure me that this could be something non-horrible?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad that you'll be able to take him to the vet. A bad tooth can cause the gums to swell, so maybe it could be something like that. Please do keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothing definitive from the vet yet. Due to Froggy's medical situation, he is only able to receive anaesthesia in situations that are life or death because his risk is so high, so the vet has to take a more conservative treatment approach than she normally would. We're trying a week of antibiotics to see if that is able to shrink the growth at all. If not, we are going to have to look at further steps to address it.