Rivel escaped in the middle of the night and i am an emotional wreck right now

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought she won't try to escape again so i openened the window (with anti insect screen and the hole patched with tape and board. She somehow tore open the hole again and escaped. I tried finding everywhere i can with treat bag crinkle but i cannot find her.

She was a street cat and i adopted her just 3 weeks ago. Will she return? I would love to think she felt safe and loved in my house but i don't know. I don't know she's even safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She isn't collared and chipped yet. There is no animal shelter or anything in my area. It is very rare in my country and most people just ignore stray cats, but there are malicious people out there. It is currently 2 am and i am a wreck. I opened the door and waiting on my living room with cat food put several places on the porch

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Assuming she hasn’t been spayed she likely has gone in search of a mate. She may return after that or she may go back to where you rescued her from. You might want to set a trap at that place as well as near your home in case she returns there. Use something familiar inside like something she sleeps on.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Assuming she hasn’t been spayed she likely has gone in search of a mate. She may return after that or she may go back to where you rescued her from. You might want to set a trap at that place as well as near your home in case she returns there. Use something familiar inside like something she sleeps on.
I hope not the original place i found her. There are some huge streets to cross :(

She would be spayed next week but this happened Now. She was vaccinated and the vet won't spay her until after 2 weeks after vaccines. Damnit all. Please return

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately that place was her home for some portion of her life so she most likely will return to It.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately that place was her home for some portion of her life so she most likely will return to It.
I will search tomorrow morning. I hope she really doesn't go there

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope. I am basically not sleeping and keeping my door and fence open and leaving food on several points on my porch. I hope she's ok

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SHE CAME BACK. AFTER 3 HOURS OF ADVENTURE SHE'S BACK!!!

i will be more cautious tomorrow and beyond. Never underestimate her wit lol. This girl nearly gave me heart attack and full emotional breakdown.

IMG_20200821_033511.jpg

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Now i'm afraid she got knocked up. she's getting spayed next week. IF she got pregnant, can she still be spayed?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so relieved she came back! I think you can now rest assured that she knows where she belongs! But that doesn't mean she won't decide to go off again, just for the fun of it!
Yeah, i feel bad to lock her inside a small house but outside isn't safe. Glad it was night and there's less traffic.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super glad your kitty is home! :)

If Casper ever got out and got lost like that, his Girl-Human would be beside herself! I'm sure it was no fun for you, either!

I got pet resistant screen to put in our patio door. Something like this:

It's not hard to install. If you are handy with a screwdriver, you can probably do it yourself or have somebody who is handy do it for you. A roll of screen large enough to refit two windows probably costs less than $25.00 US. The extra tools and accessories, probably another $10.00.

We have a full sized patio door with a sliding screen and I was afraid that Casper would get out, accidentally. I would not want him to get lost and I DEFINITELY wouldn't want his Girl-Human to cry!

I replaced the original screen with cat-resistant screen and it only took me about an hour to do it.

The next day, I opened the patio door for Casper but made sure that the screen was closed and locked. I put some bird seed on the patio, near the door, to lure the birds and squirrels.

Casper saw a squirrel and he pounced at it! He hit that screen, full force, and just bounced off it like a trampoline!

It didn't hurt him. Just his pride. He gave that "I meant to do that" look that cats are famous for and walked away. ;)
I wish I could have caught it on video! It would have made YouTube Gold! ;)

Anyhow... If that stuff can stop a fifteen pound cat at a full gallop, I'm pretty sure it will keep your kitty inside and safe, too.

It's worth every penny, AFAIAC! :)

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Super glad your kitty is home! :)

If Casper ever got out and got lost like that, his Girl-Human would be beside herself! I'm sure it was no fun for you, either!

I got pet resistant screen to put in our patio door. Something like this:

It's not hard to install. If you are handy with a screwdriver, you can probably do it yourself or have somebody who is handy do it for you. A roll of screen large enough to refit two windows probably costs less than $25.00 US. The extra tools and accessories, probably another $10.00.

We have a full sized patio door with a sliding screen and I was afraid that Casper would get out, accidentally. I would not want him to get lost and I DEFINITELY wouldn't want his Girl-Human to cry!

I replaced the original screen with cat-resistant screen and it only took me about an hour to do it.

The next day, I opened the patio door for Casper but made sure that the screen was closed and locked. I put some bird seed on the patio, near the door, to lure the birds and squirrels.

Casper saw a squirrel and he pounced at it! He hit that screen, full force, and just bounced off it like a trampoline!

It didn't hurt him. Just his pride. He gave that "I meant to do that" look that cats are famous for and walked away. ;)
I wish I could have caught it on video! It would have made YouTube Gold! ;)

Anyhow... If that stuff can stop a fifteen pound cat at a full gallop, I'm pretty sure it will keep your kitty inside and safe, too.

It's worth every penny, AFAIAC! :)
thank you, i don't know if these are available in my country (indonesia) but i will try similar solution. the screen i have is really old and already holey before her anyway. it was crazy traumatic i thought she wouldn't come back lol

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, i don't know if these are available in my country (indonesia) but i will try similar solution. the screen i have is really old and already holey before her anyway. it was crazy traumatic i thought she wouldn't come back lol
Even if you can’t find cat-proof screen it would be good to replace the screen, even if it’s just the regular kind.

Not only will it help keep your cat safe, it will keep out insects. Insects can spread disease.

Anything is better than nothing. Right?