Reverse Sneezing And Lethargic?! Please Help!

catatomb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Sassy, has been reverse sneezing for the past 3 or 4 days. Maybe a week. I currently have a sinus infection, and before that I had a cold. I'm scared she caught something from me. Sassy is my neighbors indoor-cat-turned-outdoor-cat. She got outside, and wouldn't go back inside. I am friends with my neighbor, and they explained what was going on. She was living in the bushes in our yard and we were giving her food. She now stays in my room since there are lots of places she could get into and get hurt. We let her go outside to use the bathroom since we don't have a litterbox and I'm worried she caught a cold. About 2 or 3 weeks ago she got attacked by something and had these sores that looked like abcess, but she fully healed quickly. There are other stray cats in the neighborhood. We can't afford to bring her to the vet and I am very worried.
IMG_20171211_210119245.jpg
IMG_20171225_180315267.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catatomb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes been eating and drinking normally, and we don't have a litterbox. We take her outside and let her do her business, and then bring her inside. I'm scared I'm not playing with her enough or doing the right stuff as I haven't really had a cat beforeaside, from when I was 8. If she does get worse, I'm going to take her to my neighbor(whos her owner) and ask them to get her checked out and pitch in however much money I can afford.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is doing her business normally, though? Keep me posted, and I'll try to come up with something that can help.

catatomb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shes been doing her business normally, but I'll make sure to keep watching her in case she hasn't been. Will keep you posted.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you will PM me with your location, I'll do some searches for low-cost vet care in your area and PM them back to you, if I can find something.

catatomb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, here's and update on how shes doing. Shes been doing her business normally, and eating and drinking normally, and she hasn't done the reverse sneezing thing in about 2 or 3 days. But she is losing her voice. She started making this sound like she was trying to get a hairball out, but it didn't come out, though I could have just not seen it. Could the hairball thing be connected to the reverse sneezing and the voice loss?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm betting that it is. And it could be something very simple, still. One member recently went through a real scare like this, and the vet says he really thinks that grass stuck in the cat's nose caused it all. Hang in there!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just going to give you the link to my entire google search for low-cost care in your area. There are several that look promising, such as Wild Cat Valley, and another offering a free initial exam!

I'll PM the information to you to keep your location private, since you don't list it here.