Restless Kitten - When does it stop?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you tell me when they calm down? 😹 Magnus will be 3 in April.... everything is babyproofed.

In all honesty, we resisted getting a playmate for him for awhile, and Calcifer is the only thing that's helped long term.

Toy rotation never helped because Magnus only really has 2 toys he plays with and he takes one everywhere with him so putting it away is not an option. (He broke his first version and we didn't hear the end of it for 3 weeks until the new one came in)

What was helpful was:

Electronic toys
Food enrichment
Cat calming music
Feliway
Walks outside and a bird feeder in the window

carriewonderland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you maybe got him a updated cat tree with several layers of fun. The have some that u can change up the position of the tree branches. (Sitting posts) can help with boredom. I also have a kitty tablet that plays nothing but cat t.v stuff all day long. I covered it with a see thru lid so she can't use the touch screen lol. Just some other thoughts

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When? 🤣🤣🤣 my hyper bully Dante finally calmed down at 7 years old. Jackie mellowed out at 2 years old..... and I miss it. Provided Jackie gets 1 hour of outside time he is a Angel. If you can I would build a catio.

Maybe create a daily routine that includes 2-3 play sessions every day? Also bird feeders by a window should help entertain your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andy gren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions. I haven't had a chance to reply today because, well, you know why... ;)

Anyway, today I have done something radical and put ALL his toys away and will play with him on the cat trees and chase games etc for the four hour session I likely have incoming this evening. I will introduce the toys back in on a rotational basis going forward. I would be interested if anyone has any suggestions re 'wonder' toys you may have found a god send. Can you get the ripple mat in the uk? I've already ordered a spring toy today.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions. I haven't had a chance to reply today because, well, you know why... ;)

Anyway, today I have done something radical and put ALL his toys away and will play with him on the cat trees and chase games etc for the four hour session I likely have incoming this evening. I will introduce the toys back in on a rotational basis going forward. I would be interested if anyone has any suggestions re 'wonder' toys you may have found a god send. Can you get the ripple mat in the uk? I've already ordered a spring toy today.
Recycled fur toys off of Etsy. And Dharma cat toys.

Also a woolen dryer ball.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat dancer, da bird, rabbit fur toys...... the rabbit fur weasel is a favorite, hexabug cat toys are great for when my hyper boy gets rained in. I have no idea why they love the cheap cat dancer because it is just metal wire and bits of cardboard but they do.

⭐catnip with silvervine in it. I buy happynip. Some cats don’t respond to catnip but love silvervine...,,, either way all the cats go nuts for it! 6 out of 6 cats loved it!

Jackie & Nick with the weasel toy & the hexabug pack I bought. Hands down Jackie’s favorite toy is his brother! Plus his brother calms him down a bit when he is stressing out.

Attachments