Rescued Kitten ... Medical Problems?

Stephanier.28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2 weeks ago a kitten was dumped on my road and we decided to adopt him. He is friendly and a local rescue woman offered to "look over" him for us since the closest vet is 2 hours away and rather expensive. She said he was probably dumped because he appears to have FCKS (flat chested kitten syndrome) and they expected him to die. However he's about 11 or 12 weeks now so she said he's "out of the most critical stage" and should probably be able to live a normal life. What I'm a litte more worried about is his paw. She was stumped. It is weirdly shaped. Like where it should hit the ground when he walks it instead falls farther and kind of "L"'s out. He's in no pain. But he walks really odd. I think it's getting worse, so a trip to the vet seems like it's inevitable sooner than later. Can anyone tell me what this looks like? He walks on it and has never cried in pain, nor can I feel any breaks.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I kind of have a feeling that this might well be some congenital deformity that occurred in conjunction with the FCKS, as that is also a bone-related deformity. I know that there are several things it could be, although I'm having absolutely no luck on Google, and am relying on my memory of various specials I've watched. What I know for sure is that no matter what it is, the earlier you catch it, the easier it will be to correct. For instance, what might just take a few weeks in a cast to fix right now might require surgery later. The fact that he seems to not be in pain is very good, indeed!

Good luck with this little guy! So far, with your help, he is beating the odds! Welcome to TCS. When you have a moment, click on this link New Cats on the Block and introduce yourself and your kitten (what is his name?) to our community. We are so glad that you found us, and thank you for taking such good care of this little guy!