Rescued 8 Year Old Declawed Gentleman and he is Still Hiding

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arthur! Dear, beautiful Arthur! This is wonderful news! I can’t say I am totally surprised though. I just knew you two would do it! Oh my goodness! I know it seemed like such a long time to you but really, you did this in , what some would see, as record time. I am just so very, very happy for you both. Diligence and patience made all the difference! You did it! :clap2::goldstar::woohoo::banana2::bunnydance: It’s a love story. You love Arthur and he loves you back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SandyCHA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually it was all the help I got from all of you pros out there! I got some of the best advice here and now all this time later he looks happy and healthy and is coming around quite nicely! It has been a trying experience but I am so happy I could give him a warm, loving home! Thanks to all of you here!:angel::clap2::lovecat:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are NOT failing Arthur! You have changed his life so much for the better - it will just take some time for him to realize so! The brushing can wait. Patience may be tiring, but when you think about being tired, just remember how he feels with what he has been through.
I totally agree…..he has gone thru so much, give him time. It’s good that he is eating and using the litter bo. I brought in a feral cat last October and it took four months for her to finally let me pet her. Now when I sit with her on our porch that’s all she wants me to do, lol. I have a bunch of indoor cats and because of the pandemic I had to wait several months before being able to get her an appointment for a checkup and shots. Two weeks left and then I’ll be able to introduce her to my other cats…
So be patient with him….someone made a suggestion to announce yourself whenever you enter the room where he is so he gets familiar with your voice, which is what I did. I also taped a toothbrush to the end of a long round curtain rod and when she startEd coming out from her hiding place I gradually was able to brush her with it, a little each time….in time she let me pet her with my hand…let him be able to sniff your hand too.

2 dozen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, look at him chillin! Thank you so much for this exciting update, all your efforts have not been in vain.