Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With faces that precious, I'll make do without the tails! Um...that bottom one of Lexie's, is that a VERY dark tabby? That's a beautiful kitten! They all are, but that one is...well. I'm kittensmitten.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
The rescue that we just took 34 cats and one dog to has already had so many adoptions that they are ready for more! We emptied the cat room at our local kill shelter! So there is another trip of 30 cats going tomorrow from a neighboring county humane society. We are working on getting another trip together, I want to empty some cages at the shelter in the southern part of the state that we work with a lot (Sadie and Sabrina came from this shelter). They have not had less than 60 cats there since last winter. I would love to pull 15 cats to empty some cages before kitten season. I will know by Tuesday if we can get a trip planned for them!
They have a mom and a young 2 week old litter there now in a cage. I would LOVE to pull them but I am really setting limits on myself this year so that I don't get overwhelmed. I personally can only take one or two moms with litters at a time. UNLESS it is emergent. Then I can squeeze someone somewhere. Last year we got so overwhelmed with cats and kittens and then illness and it was a mess. I am trying to prepare myself for this mess this year....

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They are the only rescue/shelter in a high population city. They have strict spay/neuter laws and they get a lot of funding!
Remi's three survivors have been spayed/neutered today!
We also have been sending Jess's cats on these spay/neuter trips. We have spayed 6 girls so far and neutered 8 of her boys! 4 of her girls were pregnant. We have two boys left and one girl who they cant touch so she will need trapped.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We have really curbed this colony before it exploded! When I get overwhelmed I will remember how many females we fixed and how many more litters of homeless cats there would be!