Renal Failure Foods

Tango5553

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat was recently diagnosed with Renal Failure. He was hospitalized overnight with fluids and given back to me. The Vet gave me a prescription for Hills KD wet foods, the Banfield Clinic was closed and I couldn't get the food till they opened so I asked the Vet for an alternative she printed out a paper of a list of different foods. I went with Wellness Core Selects wet foods. My question is, is this a good food to give him? He really enjoys it and I'd hate to purchase the Hills brand and he hates it.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry about your cat, In my humble opinion of your cat enjoys the Wellness food and it was on a list provided by the Vet I would stick with it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tango5553

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks you for the reply! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, really just curious if anyone else has tried the wellness brand.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The most important thing is that she eats, preferably an all wet food diet. When my kitty was diagnosed the vet sent be home with two or three cans of different prescription foods. She had been there for a dental so when I got her home it had been close to 24 hours since she had last eaten. I opened one type of Hills and she ate it all, the next day it was a no go. All of the different types of Hills were a no go, the Purina Prescription diet was also a no go. The only one that she would eat is the Royal Canin Renal Support D and she is still eating it and it has been about a year and a half. If you want to try the Prescription foods and your vet isn't giving you a little of each to try, buy just a couple of cans of each type that they have so you can figure out if there is one or two that she will eat.