Remote Control - Modifying A Trap Cage

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a thought, you said the cat has only once gone into the trap. Are you able to put a smaller box inside the trap with something nice inside, a blanket, toy, nice food. It would make the trap less obvious, more like a warm place to rest. I dont know if the trap is big enough but as I said, just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, you said the cat has only once gone into the trap. Are you able to put a smaller box inside the trap with something nice inside, a blanket, toy, nice food. It would make the trap less obvious, more like a warm place to rest. I dont know if the trap is big enough but as I said, just a thought.
The trap measures 27 x 32 x 81 cm (10.6 x 12.6 x 31.9 in), so I'd say it is just the size of cat and a small pan for the food bait.
If I know that cat well, every littlest change in its environment will raise a red flag and would make it stay clear from the spot.
I am referring to the cat as "it" because I don't know if it's male or female.

The food I'm using as a bait is very smelly and tasty and lures other cats from a distance.
On Saturday I trapped a cat I didn't mean to trap, but she was attracted by this very good smell. She's been spayed yesterday, she was about 2 weeks pregnant, unfortunately :bawling: