Regressing?

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had my young rescues for 2 months.
Mom is 1 yr 2 mos. And daughter is 6 mos.
Both have been eating regular kitten and cat food.
Recently the daughter is kneading mom and wanting to nurse.
Mom reacts by aggressively licking her daughter's head away to distract her and grooming her very energetically. But the younger one refuses to stop!
The baby reacts by either curling up in a ball and laying down so she is touching some part of me, or she goes off in a corner and curls up like a donut.
What can I do?

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMO, it sounds like the kitten is just seeking comfort. Have you tried a heated bed with a sherpa blanket in it? (warm+plush)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have one for my own bed(elec blanket) and they love that,but doesn't fix the problem!

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mom reacts by aggressively licking her daughter's head away to distract her and grooming her very energetically. But the younger one refuses to stop!
The baby reacts by either curling up in a ball and laying down so she is touching some part of me, or she goes off in a corner and curls up like a donut.
If Mom was holding her down and forcing the grooming I'd be concerned for baby. Mom is say "not this, but that". "I don't want you succling but I'll calm you this way" Since baby is sleeping after then she was comforted. It doesn't sound like either is hurt or scared so I wouldn't interfere.

Get baby her own soft plush baby blanket for her coner or next to you. If baby still wants to nuzzle and knead, maybe she'll use that.