Recs For Ordering Koha Brand Food Online?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drat it. Chewy has spoiled us with their free shipping for orders over $49. :wink:

I just discovered that Chewy doesn't carry Koha brand food, and we're not too keen on paying the $8.99 flat rate shipping fee for an order less than $69 if we order directly from Koha.

Any suggestions for some other good online options? *asks hopefully*

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looks like one of those small pet store foods. Which would mean checking their website for which stores carry it near you and then checking each of those. I know one of the small stores near me offers free delivery of orders within a 10 mile radius. Another does a frequent shopper program and you can ask them if the manufacture has any of those deals where you save labels for free product. It doesn't hurt to email the company and ask for free shipping on a smaller order. You can also sign up if they have a mailing list because I have frequently found I get coupons for free shipping or notice of sales that way.

The simple solution though would be to bulk order your food; so instead of buying once a month you buy once every two months. I do that with my cats dry food. Whenever it goes on sale I buy $100+ of food and I am set for a few months until they have a sale again. I usually end up paying less than $2 a pound for food that normally retails at $2.50 a pound.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like one of those small pet store foods. Which would mean checking their website for which stores carry it near you and then checking each of those. I know one of the small stores near me offers free delivery of orders within a 10 mile radius. Another does a frequent shopper program and you can ask them if the manufacture has any of those deals where you save labels for free product. It doesn't hurt to email the company and ask for free shipping on a smaller order. You can also sign up if they have a mailing list because I have frequently found I get coupons for free shipping or notice of sales that way.

The simple solution though would be to bulk order your food; so instead of buying once a month you buy once every two months. I do that with my cats dry food. Whenever it goes on sale I buy $100+ of food and I am set for a few months until they have a sale again. I usually end up paying less than $2 a pound for food that normally retails at $2.50 a pound.
Thanks much! I'll give some of those ideas a try.

If, God willing, it looks like Buddy will be with us for awhile, perhaps we can think longer term when ordering his food and other supplies. :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks much! I'll give some of those ideas a try.

If, God willing, it looks like Buddy will be with us for awhile, perhaps we can think longer term when ordering his food and other supplies. :)
If you call/write and explain Buddy's situation and how valuable their food is to his longevity (really go into details and maybe even a picture) you may be able to get either coupons for free product or a code for shipping. My sister in law did that with her dog food company when she got laid off and the manufacture sent her coupons for two months worth of food to help her through until she could get a job. It really depends on the manufacture but it never hurts to ask. Especially with the smaller brands where they actually care.

Last edited:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you call/write and explain Buddy's situation and how valuable their food is to his longevity (really go into details and maybe even a picture) you may be able to get either coupons for free product or a code for shipping. My sister in law did that with her dog food company when she got laid off and the manufacture sent her coupons for two months worth of food to help her through until she could get a job. It really depends on the manufacture but it never hurts to ask. Especially with the smaller brands where they actually care.
That's a great idea! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise