I haven't had a kitten in yrs
What are some wet n dry food recommendations
And how much and how often
Should I leave little dry out in daytime or nighttime
Should he still be on kitten food at this age or adult..or both possibly
TIA for any help
Btw...hes getting neutered Thursday and done had all his shots
Except for the FeLv
The lady my son got him from for some reason did everything...(vaccines) but that one
And with my baby that has crossed the bridge
He got that vaccine
Just wanted to mention that

mika5eva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I can't help with suggesting specific foods since it has been forever since I had a kitten. But, I do think you should leave out dry at all times, with at least 3-4 meals of canned per day. Generally speaking you want him to be able to have access to food most of the time until he is at least 1 year old.

As far as the FeLV vaccine, can you ask the lady this kitten came from why they did not give the FeLV vaccine? It would be my guess he may have tested positive. If you do find out your little guy tested positive, it is typically a good idea to re-test as false positives have been known to happen. If a second test would prove negative, then you it would be a good idea to go ahead and give him the vaccine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I would suggest a mix of wet and dry food. The nutrient mix / calories in wet are better than dry food. I use the brand below and feed my 8lb cat 2 cans per day. Blue Buffalo Healthy Gourmet Variety Pack with Flaked Tuna, Fish & Shrimp & Chicken Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com
I do give her dry food midday, but I put it inside of a ball and only do about a half cup.
Purina Beyond Simply Salmon & Whole Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag - Chewy.com
I hope this helps!
I thought fish flavor foods werent good for cats cause of mercury levels
Or you doing it in rotation

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't recall if I've ever posted this for you, but it might be helpful :)

FeebysOwner FeebysOwner is correct, kittens need to eat as much as they can consume, until they're about a year old. Hopefully the tips provided elsewhere on how to get your baby to eat wet food are helpful.

Also, here's information about feeding fish;