Recommendations For A Cat Moving To A New Country?

Kurai_Sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys,

So my cat Ryu is 2 years old, and we've been feeding him a wet/dry mixed diet of Whiskas wet food (we had no other choice. The wet cat food selection here in India is terrible) and Orijen dry food. This diet has worked incredibly well for him, his weight is under control, he eats well and his coat, at least the black parts, shine. He's also active and playful and happy, although a little tired out because temperatures here are hitting 35 degrees Celsius.

Now my family and I will be moving to Singapore in a couple of months, and I want to prepare. Once we moved to a country with a relatively better selection of food, I promised myself that I'd get him onto grain free wet food as well, since he likes it and he does well on it.

Can anyone recommend? When I last checked, quite a few American and Canadian brands were available in Singapore, so I'd like an input.

We'd feed raw, but he's become addicted to the broths in wet food and won't eat raw chicken or fish anymore. Not to mention we're vegetarians who can't tell a breast apart from a liver.

If you've got any food recommendations even for dry food, please don't hesitate to share them. He's done best on a mixed diet.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
what are good cat food brands in Singapore?
Kurai_Sen Kurai_Sen , an advance welcome to Singapore. Hope you'll have a pleasant stay here.

There are tons of cat food out there and the list never seems to be exhausted. Not all cats strive on good or expensive food and some just seems to do well on brands of food on the lower or lowest rung of the food brand ladder.

Some have good ingredients and some don't and we can never really find a good one in that sense for our cats. Some have ingredients that should be avoided but our cats seems to prefer those brands and some with ingredients that need not be avoided but our cats dislike them. But of course we try to feed our cats the best that we can afford and provided they like it.

There are many good brands out there but I can't really tell you which is really the good ones as i'm just feeding one brand to my boy (Fussie Cat brand - Super Premium Chicken in Gravy) and so far he's enjoying it.

Here's a link to one of our local forums dated back from 2010 till present. You can run through the recommendations and comments (good and bad about the brands or stores mentioned) and decide from there :- recommended-cat-food-shops-singapore-2879578-40.html

You may just want to check this out too :- (Spreadsheet of Canned Cat Food)

Feel free to ask me questions and I'll see if I can help you out with them :thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kurai_Sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kurai_Sen Kurai_Sen , an advance welcome to Singapore. Hope you'll have a pleasant stay here.

There are tons of cat food out there and the list never seems to be exhausted. Not all cats strive on good or expensive food and some just seems to do well on brands of food on the lower or lowest rung of the food brand ladder.

Some have good ingredients and some don't and we can never really find a good one in that sense for our cats. Some have ingredients that should be avoided but our cats seems to prefer those brands and some with ingredients that need not be avoided but our cats dislike them. But of course we try to feed our cats the best that we can afford and provided they like it.

There are many good brands out there but I can't really tell you which is really the good ones as i'm just feeding one brand to my boy (Fussie Cat brand - Super Premium Chicken in Gravy) and so far he's enjoying it.

Here's a link to one of our local forums dated back from 2010 till present. You can run through the recommendations and comments (good and bad about the brands or stores mentioned) and decide from there :- recommended-cat-food-shops-singapore-2879578-40.html

You may just want to check this out too :- (Spreadsheet of Canned Cat Food)

Feel free to ask me questions and I'll see if I can help you out with them :thumbsup:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's really helpful!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's really helpful!
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

Safe journey for you and your family and for your kitties.

Also do pack sufficient supplies of your kitty's current food so that you'll have enough to slowly transit him over to new food as to avoid any tummy disturbances.

Last edited: