RE: SOS For The Cats of Lahaina, Hawai'i

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fresh update from Lahaina. WARNING: ROUGH READING but worth reading and sharing, and to keep you informed before you donate if you are so inclined. The same disclaimer still applies: The big, highly visible orgs do little if anything to actually save those they trumpet about, and the small, on-the-ground grassroots orgs and individuals who actually save lives and care for survivors are severely depleted in funds, time, and people. Act accordingly, please.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 my nephews near Kula agree with your perspective. Understandably, larger organizations need to have fiscal responsibilities and that can burn up valuable time during emergencies where even seconds/minutes are at a premium.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 my nephews near Kula agree with your perspective. Understandably, larger organizations need to have fiscal responsibilities and that can burn up valuable time during emergencies where even seconds/minutes are at a premium.
Those of us who've been in animal advocacy for awhile know that these big orgs pay their top brass $$$ and that they are very often money mills, not truly helpful and caring groups. This is factually proven to be the case with the big orgs you see advertising on TV with T-shirts, tote bags etc. If you truly care about and want to help the animals of Lahaina or anywhere else, support the local grassroots groups and individuals who are in the trenches doing hands-on work and saving precious lives. They don't advertise and they desperately need all the help they can get. Share the information about them, too. Animals 24-7 is the best vehicle for this, as they have been since the start.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise