Raw.... maybe. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
More good news!!

I know there's always a close watch on the poop-o-meter in everyone else's threads :lol3: but Boots hasn't had diarrhea since his bout with coccidia as a kitten, and Kramer has never had issues on that end of the digestive tract that I noticed. (He did used to throw up whenever I fed him turkey-flavored canned, but he eats raw turkey just fine.)

So the poop-o-meter is fine, just small, polite little poops now that they're on raw. :D BUT they have some of the biggest pee clumps I've ever seen in a litterbox!! :shocker: Seriously -- I think they pee more than I do now :flail: I mean, I know that's a good thing, but it was still a little unexpected.

Anyway...

Boots eats anything and everything, except liver, but he'll eat it when I sneak it into things with trickery. :devilish:

Kramer is continuing to eat like a champ now that he gets fed in the "food room," aka the bathroom. Sometimes I have to feed him the first piece off my finger, but then he dives in usually. No toppers or meaty bits, or anything special. Just frankenprey. :bigthumb:

Good luck to everyone else!! :vibes:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWW Your Boot's and Kramer are doing FABULOUS in the raw department!!! YOUR SO LUCKY :clap: :bigthumb:

OH and I have to laugh - Love your comment about the poops being "small and polite" :flail: Isn't that the truth :woohoo: :clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great news!  Curious about the large amount of pee though. Wonder if others are noticing differences in that department?  I don't recall hearing anything about that.  I have really noticed a change in their   habits just switching from kibble to canned, and a difference in their poop along with that change, but that's about it.

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you still feed them kibble, or are they now 100% canned and raw? Our kittens were on canned and kibble, and drank a lot every day.  But once we switched them to raw, we got much bigger pee-clumps.
  (And they hardly drink now)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news!  Curious about the large amount of pee though. Wonder if others are noticing differences in that department?  I don't recall hearing anything about that.  I have really noticed a change in their   habits just switching from kibble to canned, and a difference in their poop along with that change, but that's about it.
OH yes.... :D The pee clumps are MUCH bigger now :nod: LOTS of wonderful moisture in that raw meat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks Sally. I'm so sorry to hear about Sven. :rbheart:

Do you still feed them kibble, or are they now 100% canned and raw? Our kittens were on canned and kibble, and drank a lot every day.  But once we switched them to raw, we got much bigger pee-clumps.:goof:   (And they hardly drink now)

They are now 100% raw, not even canned and raw... :cross: that neither of them will regress and need canned anymore. I'm keeping it around just in case though. ;) And the ferals are loving their Blue Buffalo Wilderness!

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since mine are doing so well, I think I'm only going to use this thread for updates if something negative happens and I need advice. :nod:

I think this is probably the shortest "HELP I'm transitioning to raw!!" thread in the history of TCS :lol3:

I will still keep up with the rest of your threads, even if I don't post :heart3:

Thanks everyone!! :wavey:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW Katie.... I am SO envious and happy (of course :lol3:) that Boot's and Kramer are doing SO well on raw. I think you are having the easiest and shortest transition here. I will say that my Walden and Wendall took to the raw from day one too. I just wish the other four didn't have to make it so complicated :frusty: Please DO keep us updated on how things are going from time to time!!! Great job!!!!! :D :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love it.  "Raw...maybe"  just 3 weeks ago, and now you're off and running and not looking back

Do keep us posted once in awhile to let us know how they're doing, or to post pix of them chowing down on a deer or something
(just finished reading Laurie's post about Tuxie and his dreams of taking down a deer when he was a feral
)

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh! I forgot to mention --

Ritz, if you or anyone else is reading this, I found green tripe at my local Walmart! Haven't tried it yet, but for those of you that would like to feed it, maybe be on the lookout. It seems to be a Hispanic thing (?) so if you live near a Walmart that caters to Hispanic cuisine, perhaps be on the lookout for it in the meat cases. Mine has a whole aisle dedicated to just Hispanic foods, and then another separate "international" aisle. We also have beef tongue and scalded tripe in the meat coolers.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG, I bought some freeze dried green tripe, and even that is so stinky that I keep it double bagged and inside a cupboard!  The cats like it though
.  Freeze dried, though, it smells, and feels just like a dried up cow patty
.  I must admit, I put on a pair of latex gloves every time I give them some, just because I don't want to touch it, and can't seem to wash the smell off my hands.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Beef Tripe... I had to feed my ailing Wilbur dog that stuff last Fall, recommended by his holistic vet. OH the smell, the feel of it, the look of it, could wake the dead :lol3: I bought actual frozen Green Cow Tripe. There is also Tripett sold in cans at the natural pet food store. I don't buy it anymore. Don't know if my cat's would like it. I kinda doubt it. :eek: But hey, if they do like it, go for it. I think Perla would keel over if she smelled it!!!!!! The dogs loved it and I still will offer it on occasion, it is very good for them.