Ratio Of Wet To Dry Food?

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My two split 2 5.5 oz cans a day. Am and pm. I top off wet with freeze dried chicken for crunch factor. I don't feed dry as it makes them throw up!

flamesabers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For breakfast each of my cats get their own 1/4 cup of dried food along with some dental kibbles to keep their teeth in good health.

For dinner I divide one 3 oz. can of wet food between the two of them. I mix in some L-Lysine power in with the wet food.

I would love to feed only wet food, but I think both of my cats would plot to murder me in my sleep if I took away their night time crunchy food!
Last Sunday night I had to take away my cats' dried food because Kacie was going to the vet the following morning for some dental care. Neither of my cats tried to murder me, but Kacie was up on my bed early in the morning ready to get fed some breakfast! (Unfortunately for her, she had to go to the vet first thing in the morning.)

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We were doing 100% wet but my financial situation has changed. Jasmine can't have chicken, turkey, or some fish right now so it sort of limits the budget options. Right now the girls are splitting one 5.5 to 6 oz can a day between two meals, so a quarter can a piece twice a day. They then get 2 meals of 1/8 cup dry for a total of 1/4 cup of dry food each a day. This gives them about 90 calories from wet and 100 calories from dry, so fairly evenly split :)