Ragdoll Mix?

Dobby's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got this kitten and the owner said it was a ragdoll but he doesn't look like one so i was thinking that maybe he is a mix, but i don't know IMG_20171223_113234_951.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lovely little pointed kitten. I wouldn't say Ragdoll because from this angle there isn't enough fluff. Do you have more photos?

All pointed cats can trace back to a Siamese ancestor which is the original source of the pointed Gene. The pointed Gene gives a cat blue eyes and a coat color that is heat sensitive. Making it so they darker at the tips and tend to continue to darken over their lifetime. But there are several breeds with the pointed Gene now, including a Ragdoll, and the gene has spread wide so it shows up in cats who aren't pedigree quite fewquently. All Siamese are pointed but not all pointed are Siamese is my favorite way to word it. From the photo I'd say a bicolor lynx pointed domestic shorthair. Which is a fancy way of saying you have a short hair pointed cat with a tabby patterning and white coloring on the face and paws. Coloring though of the point is not my strongest field.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine look at that eye color!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the call, Kieka Kieka - wow Purr-fect Purr-fect picked the right word - positively stunning eye colour.

D Dobby's mum - I love the pointing. At this age it's hard to say how the kitten will finish, but my best guess is Caramel Lynx Point. As a breed, Balinese is out, since they're recognised in only the four Standard colours, and while, without a pedigree we'd say, "Domestic Semi-Longhair," she'd fit into the "lookalike" niche for a Javanese kitten. abyeb abyeb @stefanz - what say you about this gorgeous baby cat?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, 1CatOverTheLine. I think she looks very much like a Javanese. She appears to have medium-length fur, and her muzzle is very much approaching the wedge-shape, so she might be more of a modern-style.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dobby's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lovely little pointed kitten. I wouldn't say Ragdoll because from this angle there isn't enough fluff. Do you have more photos?

All pointed cats can trace back to a Siamese ancestor which is the original source of the pointed Gene. The pointed Gene gives a cat blue eyes and a coat color that is heat sensitive. Making it so they darker at the tips and tend to continue to darken over their lifetime. But there are several breeds with the pointed Gene now, including a Ragdoll, and the gene has spread wide so it shows up in cats who aren't pedigree quite fewquently. All Siamese are pointed but not all pointed are Siamese is my favorite way to word it. From the photo I'd say a bicolor lynx pointed domestic shorthair. Which is a fancy way of saying you have a short hair pointed cat with a tabby patterning and white coloring on the face and paws. Coloring though of the point is not my strongest field.

Dobby's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your answer, it helped me a lot. I have more pics of him so here you go :)
IMG_20171230_152541.jpg
IMG_20171227_101744.jpg
IMG_20171224_125015.jpg

Dobby's mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the sloppy reply, i am new to this site