Question of the day Wednesday November 11

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
With a salute to all veterans :salute::lovecat2:

Poppycat became a bit more bonded with us after his illness, and he will turn to other members of the family when he's trying to avoid having something done to him that he's not happy about.

The look on his face during times that he's particularly content and relaxed is wonderful.

It got us to wondering -

Do you think your cat feels love towards you, or do you think he/she considers you a part of his/her pride?

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unconditional love as a surrogate Mother is what they tell me every day in their looks, and actions. Especially when we rescue them from certain death and bad situations.
This 3 yr old Calico avatar was yanked from her Mom at 4 weeks old and still suckles my neck...well licking it anyway, always the left side. I hope it never ends. It raises my oxytocin and hers.
The kneading with her needles-for- claws is like micro needling and helps my neck skin collagen production. To cut her claws is impossible. I think she was about 5 weeks old here. I did NOT need a third cat living in a home for sale but I had to save her from a very bad situation.

I think they are much smarter than we give them credit for and truly love us as a sibling, mother, and caretaker.

Attachments

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, love in whatever capacity that means to an animal. They both light up when they see my husband and I, and actively look for affection and fun time from us. Not sure if either of them think of us as part of their "group". I'm pretty sure they know we aren't cats but beyond that it's pretty mysterious what goes through their heads :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love! Mooch is my baby and she knows it. She has recently become more affectionate with my kids and DH; but she prefers my lap first and drools all over my hands while making biscuits while I rub her cheeks and chin. She comes to my room and chatters in the morning when I get up. DH and the kids might be part of her pride; but its love with me. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As an old- okay, real old- vet, I say thanks.
As to how our cats regard us; some treat us as food dispensers, some as seat cushions, while 2- Miss Eleanor and Burdock- yeah, they show what could be considered to be love.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two love me. They squabble about who gets to sleep in my lap. Mingo wants to and looks at me with many slow blinks, but is slow to hop up. It takes him some time to work up the courage. Lily, on the other hand, hops up promptly, and if Mingo is hoping to, he gets mad and bites or swats her to make her move.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lily visits me in the middle of the night. She snuggles under my chin, purrs, and kneads my neck. She does this whether I pet her or not. Maybe she’s just bored, but maybe it’s... :redheartpump:

Iris climbs onto my lap and pushes her head against my arm and holds it there for several minutes. She also sleeps curled up against my side at night. Maybe she’s just cold, but maybe it’s...:redheartpump:

Former feral Mocha follows me around the house waiting for me to sit down. She then leaps up, rubs on my arm, curls up next to me, and goes to sleep. After dinner, she waits for me in my TV watching chair. She moves over to let me sit down, then climbs onto my lap, collapses, and is out like a light. Maybe it’s because I’m the giver of food, but maybe it’s...:redheartpump:

We spend a lot of time meeting our cats’ basic needs—food, water, shelter—but they seek us out for far more than those necessities and I think it’s in proportion to how much we engage with them. My three interact much more with me than they do with my husband. But I talk to them constantly, stroke them constantly, acknowledge their presence. He doesn’t.

Iris with her forehead against my arm.
A58B07DF-5E40-4ACD-AB03-CFA3C80255A2.jpeg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every single time I get up in the middle of the night,when I come back to bed,there is Mystery,lying in my "spot",on her side,just purring away.When I reach out to (ha!)move her,she grabs my hand and tucks it under her chin or snug into her tummy.I think she loves her Mama.Bunny waits for hubby to go to bed so she can snuggle up with him on his pillow.Whiskers will sit on the dining room table and very slowly inch his way up onto my shoulder.I could go on...they love us!

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think Gray loves us - sometimes more than others. Like feeding time 😽❤
He sleeps with either me or my daughter every night and loves snuggling.
When we come home he is always happy to see us.
And omg if we go away on holiday do we get a telling off when we come back!

As I’ve been working from home since March because of Covid I can tell that he has loved me being around all day. He regularly sleeps next to my laptop and hops into my lap whilst I work ❤❤

Attachments

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
With a salute to all veterans :salute::lovecat2:

Poppycat became a bit more bonded with us after his illness, and he will turn to other members of the family when he's trying to avoid having something done to him that he's not happy about.

The look on his face during times that he's particularly content and relaxed is wonderful.

It got us to wondering -

Do you think your cat feels love towards you, or do you think he/she considers you a part of his/her pride?
my cats love me very much . i dont know about the pride part though lol

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie definitely loves her grandpa! They have a weird relationship. He calls her Beautiful & Prettiness. If she sleeps in my room while I'm on the computer, he gets jealous and says "Traitor!" And then her eyes get big and she runs after him. So cheesy! :lol:

Demi loves me best I think. He only sucks on his blankie & kneads up and down when he's with me. Well on top of me, crushing me.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they love me! At least, I'd like to think so!
Willow, Eden, and Pants all actively seek out my attention and each tries to get more cuddles than the other one. (mostly Eden and Willow; Pants just kind of cries until I pet him, and then he purrs and loves it lol.) I think they're a little bit competitive when it comes to my attention :lol2:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every single time I get up in the middle of the night,when I come back to bed,there is Mystery,lying in my "spot",on her side,just purring away.When I reach out to (ha!)move her,she grabs my hand and tucks it under her chin or snug into her tummy.
That's so adorable!
Poppycat will turn to other members of the family when he's trying to avoid having something done to him that he's not happy about.

Aww, such a darling! Tries to get out of things :lol2:
My two love me. They squabble about who gets to sleep in my lap.
That is adorable and so funny! <3
Lily visits me in the middle of the night. She snuggles under my chin, purrs, and kneads my neck.

Iris climbs onto my lap and pushes her head against my arm and holds it there for several minutes.

Former feral Mocha follows me around the house waiting for me to sit down.

Iris with her forehead against my arm.
Awww, so cute!!! I love it when cats who were formally ferals or scared of us earn our trust :) And there's nothing quite like having a kitty knead you <3
I
He sleeps with either me or my daughter every night and loves snuggling.
When we come home he is always happy to see us.
And omg if we go away on holiday do we get a telling off when we come back!

As I’ve been working from home since March because of Covid I can tell that he has loved me being around all day. He regularly sleeps next to my laptop and hops into my lap whilst I work ❤❤
Aww, what a sweet boy!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I think Puar's love for me is like that of a little brother, he'd never admit to it, but he really just always want to hang around with me. That's why I stopped calling myself a catmom pretty soon after getting to know Puar 10 months ago. I call him "little brother" now.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think Puar's love for me is like that of a little brother, he'd never admit to it, but he really just always want to hang around with me. That's why I stopped calling myself a catmom pretty soon after getting to know Puar 10 months ago. I call him "little brother" now.
Oh my goodness, that is so cute! That reminds me of the Disney movie Mulan where she calls her puppy Little Brother :)