Question of the day Wednesday November 11

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If Mowgli didn't love us, he wouldn't seek out our company and affection to the extent he does. He's rarely more than a few feet away from one or both of us and spends hours in direct physical contact, i.e., touch is extremely important to him. So is "conversation". Now that we're both retired and home most of the time, he frets and watches when one of us has gone out and is demonstrative when we return. While our most important task in his mind is feeding him, he's very obvious about craving much more than that.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Five cats live with me. They are all attached to me and show great affection.

I suspect that Diamond had a tough time before he came here and he is very devoted now. He will be around no one but me.

Seal is an ex-feral who is so sweet and affectionate. He is grateful for being brought inside, but I think he has strong feelings other than just gratitude.

Leo chose me the first time I saw him. I'm not sure if it's love or an obsession with him! But he's a great cat who melts when he gets affection.

Tiger comes bleating when I enter his room. He wants to cuddle. I think that I'm a lifeline for him and he sees me as security. But he is sweet and affectionate too. Maybe he will feel more deeply for me when he is over his fear from bad injuries.

Boden is a naturally affectionate master purrer. He seems to have strong feelings and needs contact.

They certainly seem capable of love, maybe more so than many humans! Is it love? Close enough for me!

Do cats wonder if humans are capable of love? I certainly love my cats as much as anything.