Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up around the Gulf of Mexico and my family was a seagoing one. I think there's some salt water in my veins. I know that even though I only live about 80 miles inland, there are times when I absolutely must, as John Masefield said, "go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky..." If I can't breathe salt air and hear waves come foaming onto the beach, my psyche gets dank and drear and shrivels to dust.

Like many of you, I'm not a sunbather. I'm too fair and my meds make me even more susceptible to the sun and heat. You used to find me wearing shoes because I know what's in that sand, shuffling along at water's edge, not really caring if I find anything but delighted when I did. My scooter does not like sand in any form and will die of overexposed to it or salt water, so my wading days are over. However, I can still get close to the water, and I can ride our free ferry and watch the dolphins frolic. Life is good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beach!! I cannot lie in the sun anymore, but I love to walk in the shoreline, looking at shells, listening to the waves, smelling the salt air.. that is heaven to me.
I agree. I wouldn't be caught dead on the beach during the day. it's too hot and way too crowded. You can do all those things after dark when it's cooler and the masses have gone home!

I don't like the mountains. I associate them with snow which is the root of all evil. I'm not a forest person. I associate those with ticks. After my powerball win comes in I'm buying a private island in the Bahamas. A tropical sanctuary for me and plenty of cats. :cloud9::cloud9:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woods/forests for me. I also love the moors - not so much to walk (especially these days), but the space and views are simply beautiful, and the light can be just amazing. I used to love riding through moorland (before I moved yards and couldn't access it anymore :sigh:). We drove over the tops when we first went to met the kittens, and the views, especially with the snow-spotted land (it was partially thawed) were just amazing :cloud9:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm caviar to mosquitoes so I don't like being outside, unless it's on the beach.
Me too. I've even been lucky enough to have mosquitoes and black flies feasting on me at the same time! I ended up with crusty blood bites from the black flies and welts from the mosquitoes.

I'm not a forest person. I associate those with ticks.
I used to like walking in the woods, but I stress too much over ticks these days that it's not very enjoyable.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love water. I love the sound of water crashing against the jetties
That would make me have to pee.

I love nature. I currently have 40 acres in the middle of nowhere, closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. I can sit on my porch and watch the antelope, bear, cougar(when he's around), rabbits, squirrels, and all the different birds. We even have bald eagles in the winter.
I can't even imagine being back in the city. Although, I do miss the frozen cappuccino's from QT. :p

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to love the woods/forests, but now that there are ticks even up here in the north......i'm not into them. and the mosquitoes and (some years) black flies are others that i don't care for. on the other hand, bees seem to just adore me, though they never sting me. they just hover around my legs and especially the backs of my knees. i really enjoy looking at the local orchards, and i like my own little plot of land.