Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's a thing...

How do you like your nature? Are you a mountain person? Beach? Vast rolling plains? Do you yearn for the green silence of forests, or the lush loveliness of tropical islands? How do you like your nature

I'm a mountain person. I love everything about them. I love their grandeur and their mystery. I love rushing mountain streams that tumble and giggle over rocks, then rest in silent pools before scampering away again. I love the deep dark of a mountain night with all of the myriad sounds that thrill my skin. I love mountain mornings with the sun dappling through the trees and a chill in the air. There is nothing about mountains that I don't love.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a beach girl. Especially at night. I love to listen to the waves and feel the ocean breeze.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a thing...

How do you like your nature? Are you a mountain person? Beach? Vast rolling plains? Do you yearn for the green silence of forests, or the lush loveliness of tropical islands? How do you like your nature

I'm a mountain person. I love everything about them. I love their grandeur and their mystery. I love rushing mountain streams that tumble and giggle over rocks, then rest in silent pools before scampering away again. I love the deep dark of a mountain night with all of the myriad sounds that thrill my skin. I love mountain mornings with the sun dappling through the trees and a chill in the air. There is nothing about mountains that I don't love.
I yearn for the green silence of the forests with all the animals, plants and the trees. I spend a lot of time in the woods as a kid. There were two very large ponds filled with all kinds of fish, snakes, & turtles, we would pick berries and build tree houses. We had a ball.

I don't care for the ocean. It's hot, people pee in the water and the ocean is full of sea nettles and sharks. No thank you.

Ellen

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I like both the mountains and the shore. I would never be able to just lie on a beach all day. I get much too bored, but I like the waves and walking along the water.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I'm definitely a nature person. I could quite easily become a hermit in some remote patch of wilderness. (I'm half way there already.)

I like forests. I love being surrounded by greenery and seeing all the plants and critters that live there.

Mountains are beautiful, but I have to admit they scare me a bit. My father and my husband are both climbers and I've heard some horror stories about falling rocks, gusts of wind that can blow you off the trail, freezing fogs that descend without warning and the kind of injuries that come from putting a foot wrong just once on a climb.

I'll admire my mountains from a safe distance, thank you.

;)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love water. I love the sound of water crashing against the jetties, the warm salty mist that sprays onto my face, the seagulls, walking along the water's edge, digging my toes into the sand after a wave has rolled back into the Bay, gazing upon the horizon that seems to go on forever...well, pretty much all of it.

But mostly just from the safety of the shore. Ever since I got stuck in a wicked squall in a little fishing boat many years ago, I've been absolutely terrified of actually getting in the water, except to just dangle my feet from a pier. :wink:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like the forests and I like to walk the trails in the woods. There's something about the quietness of the trees and seeing little creatures.

I do like the waves of the ocean; one of the nicest vacations we had taken was in VA when we stayed at a hotel that was literally about five feet from the ocean! I can lie on a beach, but not for long anymore. I like to walk in the water and I love to sit on a balcony with my coffee in the morning and watch the dolphins make their way down. I love to watch the sun come up from the sea. Beautiful.

One year when we were in Myrtle Beach, SC, Rick took an absolutely gorgeous picture of a sunrise. The colors in that picture: blues, red, oranges, purples, yellows. Simply beautiful. That year, I had the picture enlarged and framed and gave it to him as part of his Christmas present. He loved it and it's hanging on a wall in the bedroom.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I enjoy being out in Nature, period. Forest, mountain, shore, all good. I am a beach gal in the nice weather; but as I don't like crowds, that is a tough one! I take my dogs to the beach off season so they can run, and it is very relaxing for me.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy all of it, although my allergies and boredom will overtake me.
My preference probably is being at the beach but, not to just lay there and tan. I'm really not into that at all - I can handle a few hours at most. I prefer it for quiet contemplation. One of the best vacations I've had was in Sannibel, Florida where the shelling is one of the best in the world and the beaches are usually quieter than would be expected. Spent hours each day just walking the shoreline, picking up shells.
I also love the desert. It gives me a similar calmness - it's so vast. I like how unlimited it appears.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like mountains and beach walking. Walking through the woods is so peaceful. I love the views too. But I also love walking on a beach; feeling the water on my feet and the sand between my toes. And finding neat shells and pebbles. I'm not big on just sunbathing; I prefer to do my beach walking late in the day. But up in the mountains you can just walk through the the woods, explore a stream with more cool rocks, enjoy a campfire at night, watch wildlife (the beach has some beautiful wildlife too), listen to nature.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've lived by the ocean all my adult life and can't imagine not having a beach nearby. Not to lie on but to walk, smell the salt air, listen to the waves. :agree:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beach! I'm caviar to mosquitoes so I don't like being outside, unless it's on the beach.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I'm definitely a nature person. I could quite easily become a hermit in some remote patch of wilderness. (I'm half way there already.)

I like forests. I love being surrounded by greenery and seeing all the plants and critters that live there.

Mountains are beautiful, but I have to admit they scare me a bit. My father and my husband are both climbers and I've heard some horror stories about falling rocks, gusts of wind that can blow you off the trail, freezing fogs that descend without warning and the kind of injuries that come from putting a foot wrong just once on a climb.

I'll admire my mountains from a safe distance, thank you.

;)
There are mountains, and there are mountains. Here in the States, there are the Rockies, which are much as you describe, out in the west. Here in the east, we have the Smokies and Appalachians, which are much older mountains. They have been worn by time, and while still very wild, they are, somehow, friendlier.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've lived by the ocean all my adult life and can't imagine not having a beach nearby. Not to lie on but to walk, smell the salt air, listen to the waves. :agree:
Now, see...it hits different folks different ways. I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, and couldn't shake the sand out of my clothes (and various body nooks and crannies) fast enough. After 50 years, I was SO done with sand, salt and bugs!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I definitely love the outdoors especially after being a runner for so many years. I love the sights and sounds outside but not the heat or humidity so any place hot is out for this gal. I enjoy both mountainous regions and wooded areas. We live about 30 min. from a botanic garden which has numerous walking paths. My favorite is the English gardens there.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd love to walk in those English gardens with you! LOVE them!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Beach!! I cannot lie in the sun anymore, but I love to walk in the shoreline, looking at shells, listening to the waves, smelling the salt air.. that is heaven to me.