QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2022

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous of all of you with trees. I live in a old terrace house with a concrete back yard, And when you open my front door you are right on the street. 😭
I am too! From where I am I only see one tree outside the rented flat and I do not know its name.

I would love to have a home that is surrounded by many trees. It would feel like a slice of heaven on earth, with the sound of birds above you as they take shelter. Even in my house in my own country there are not much trees in the gated subdivision. So I have started ordering flowering plants that would grow into trees in a couple of years.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just double check to make sure the tree isn't toxic to cats. I know the rubber tree has a milky sap that is toxic to pets.

Are there community / victory gardens in the UK where you could rent a small plot?
Yep I'll definitely make sure anything I get is cat safe. Yeah you can get allotments here but there is huge demand for them. I don't miss gardening that much. Just the garden ;)

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I am too! From where I am I only see one tree outside the rented flat and I do not know its name.

I would love to have a home that is surrounded by many trees. It would feel like a slice of heaven on earth, with the sound of birds above you as they take shelter. Even in my house in my own country there are not much trees in the gated subdivision. So I have started ordering flowering plants that would grow into trees in a couple of years.
Get to know its name. Maybe it’s lonely. Seed bombs.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful with that black walnut. They exude a black sooty substance that kills everything underneath them. My parents had a lovely mountain laurel with lily-of-the-valley spread around it in a corner of the yard. Dad let a volunteer black walnut grow nearby and it killed the laurel and lily-of-the-valley. I had two black walnuts at my previous house, and they killed a spirea hedge. The black soot is not pretty.
This one has been around for a long time. The previous owner's grandfather built the house in 1923. she knows that it has been in the yard since she was little, so it could already be 100 years old. The only thing under it is grass, thankfully!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
This one has been around for a long time. The previous owner's grandfather built the house in 1923. she knows that it has been in the yard since she was little, so it could already be 100 years old. The only thing under it is grass, thankfully!
If it should ever come down or you cut it down, don’t let a tree trimmer just haul it away. Black walnut wood is highly prized by woodworkers and very very expensive to purchase.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it should ever come down or you cut it down, don’t let a tree trimmer just haul it away. Black walnut wood is highly prized by woodworkers and very very expensive to purchase.
Thanks for letting me know that!