QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last night Carleton was having a problem with constipation. It's unusual for him so I was concerned. He knew something was different and when he finally pooped it stuck to his back end and he started scooting on the rug. Needless to say I wasn't thrilled to start cleaning him or the rug before bed BUT I felt so bad for him and didn't want him to be uncomfortable. I love him so much there isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. :heartshape:

We all know the many reasons why we love our cat(s) but for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY -

CAN YOU NAME ONE (ONLY ONE) REASON WHY YOUR CAT(S) LOVES YOU?

Carleton loves me because I rescued him from a dreadful hoarder.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are close to both Rick and me. But while Mollipop loves Rick, she adores me….and it’s mutual. I worship the floor that girl walks on. I am her mom; she’s my baby. And that’s fine with me.

The other night, I got up from the couch and headed back to the bedroom. Rick sat down where I had been. Molli had been on the back of the couch (she’s my nurse-kitty, you know) and, when Rick flopped on the couch, he said Molli’s eyes widened. She looked at Rick and said, ”Hey! You’re not Mom! Mom! Where are you? Mom!” I heard her chirping and said, “Molli! I’m back here! Bed! C’mon!“ Rick said she leaped off the couch and headed back the hallway. Hopped up in bed and said, “There you are!” She’s my baby-girl and I’m her person. She talks and I answer.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are close to both Rick and me. But while Mollipop loves Rick, she adores me….and it’s mutual. I worship the floor that girl walks on. I am her mom; she’s my baby. And that’s fine with me.

The other night, I got up from the couch and headed back to the bedroom. Rick sat down where I had been. Molli had been on the back of the couch (she’s my nurse-kitty, you know) and, when Rick flopped on the couch, he said Molli’s eyes widened. She looked at Rick and said, ”Hey! You’re not Mom! Mom! Where are you? Mom!” I heard her chirping and said, “Molli! I’m back here! Bed! C’mon!“ Rick said she leaped off the couch and headed back the hallway. Hopped up in bed and said, “There you are!” She’s my baby-girl and I’m her person. She talks and I answer.
Lilith is like that with me. Sophie is more sociable and will spend time with DD or DSIL but Lily only wants me. We have a routine at bedtime. I go in and she will wait for me to arrange her blanket into a little nest for her and she will snuggle up with me.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The primary reason my cats love is because I feed them. Next to that, they also love being petted and loved on. They both have to have their lap and snuggle time, or Mingo gets grumpy, and Lily gets depressed. Mingo used to sit at my feet whining and giving me slow blinks. I didn't know then what he wanted, but now I do. He wanted to jump up in my lap, but was afraid to. He doesn't like to be grabbed or "caught." Once he saw Lily jumping into my lap, he started doing it too.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Lily and Chiquita love me because they saw their sibling Heidi, along with their mom Carys and their dad Zorro all killed by coyotes within a fairly short span of time. All were feral but the two sisters absolutely understood that once they were in the house they were safe forever. Before I brought them in, it was clear that they were sleeping under bushes in dirt trying to stay hidden. Once they were inside, they realized that they had clean beds, permanent food, and safety.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Circe loves me because I've given her the home she always wanted (as evidenced by the fact that she came out from hiding under the bed within hours of arriving at my house after I adopted her--she was 6.5 years old at the time and had been returned from her first adoptive home).

Autumn loves me because I give her crunchies (dry food).

Domino loves me because I gave him brothers (the boys--Jemmy and Leo)

TV loves me because she loves everyone.

Cosette loves me because I took her in when she was sick and starving.

Jemmy loves me because I introduced him to the "good lovings" (being petted).

Leo loves me because I know how to operate the magic red dot.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily and Chiquita love me because they saw their sibling Heidi, along with their mom Carys and their dad Zorro all killed by coyotes within a fairly short span of time. All were feral but the two sisters absolutely understood that once they were in the house they were safe forever. Before I brought them in, it was clear that they were sleeping under bushes in dirt trying to stay hidden. Once they were inside, they realized that they had clean beds, permanent food, and safety.
fionasmom fionasmom Oh you have a Chiquitita too! I don't know anyone else who does. How did you find the name and why did you choose it?

Chiquitita loves me because I found a food that is good for her oral care, and it has stopped her vomiting.