Question of the Day, Wednesday, July 19, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kitty: Sorry, I usually try to post a question earlier but I've been on the go since early this morning. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and had to snarf down a late lunch. If I skip a meal I start to get a pounding headache.:angrywoman: So easy question for today.

HOW MANY MEALS DO YOU HAVE A DAY?

I almost always have three meals and often a small snack. DH usually has only two meals but I've encouraged him to eat something at lunch even if it's a piece of fruit, yogurt or a granola bar.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say I average 2.5 meals. Some days I have 3, some days I only have 2. Rarely I will only have 1 and that usually only happens when I lose track of time.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a breakfast person so I will say 2.On a rare or special occasion I will have a toasted bagel with all the trimmings I can get my hands on for breakfast,but not often.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually only one actual meal. I will have a couple of snacks or small meals as well. They will be something like peanut butter on a slice of Dave's Killer Bread, a piece of fruit or a smoothie made with plain Greek yogurt, almond milk and frozen fruit. I have done well the last few months staying away from the sugary empty calories, actually gotten to the point of not really missing them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I'm not hungry and want to skip a meal, but with diabetes, I run the risk of a low sugar episode, so I have to eat something.
Although not Diabetes I can relate since I start to get a headache if I don't eat every 4-6 hours.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the winter, usually 2-3 with little snacking
Summer...Only 1 small meal with no snacking and then usually after 9pm. Not trying to lose weight, but the heat totally zaps your hunger.