Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 31, 2024

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a hard one for me because I haven’t looked at cars since I bought my HRV almost five years ago. Maybe same car but top of the line.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Same as I have now, a Toyota Corolla. Not a new model, I don't want a car that's practically a computer on wheels. I'm perfectly happy with my 2004 model.
I drive a Corolla as well, it's a 2015 and a basic model. I will be 68 this month and drive very little, I am hoping that this is the last car for me. I wouldn't buy something like an Italian sports car even if I could afford it. I wouldn't want the expense of keeping one running but if we are talking about being given a car all expenses paid it would be a Lamborghini.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Corolla as well, it's a 2015 and a basic model. I will be 68 this month and drive very little, I am hoping that this is the last car for me. I wouldn't buy something like an Italian sports car even if I could afford it. I wouldn't want the expense of keeping one running but if we are talking about being given a car all expenses paid it would be a Lamborghini.
I hear you - I'm 60, only came off my P plates in October (never needed to drive before, I lived in a city with trains, trams and buses) and this is only my second car (the ignition on my first, a Honda CRV, died). Everyone who talks about Corollas, including my insurer when I was paying the other week, enthuses about what good cars they are and how they just keep going.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Lincoln MKX, a SUV bought new in 2017, and for me there IS no other car. I love everything about it. i buy Ford because they were the only big automaker that didn't declare bankruptcy and accept government help years ago. I'll always remember that. This is my first Lincoln and now I am so spoiled with it's handling, power, and quiet interior, I want nothing else. Maybe a Navigator next, most likely a hybrid. When we can ever afford it. I DO NOT want a total electric, I have talked to many people around here, their gas mileage is cut in half because of our cold winters, and without a 50amp service the charge time is ridiculous. Who has at a minimum, 6 hours to wait? and with the scarcity of chargers, you might be waiting a LONG time out of town. No thanks, i'll wait, i am sure they will work all the bugs out in time, but I don't have that much!

Last edited:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t drive but if I could win the family a new car I’d love to get us an electric. Not a Tesla because I don’t want to give money to Elon Musk, but I’d like to have an electric car - and my mother often says she would like one too!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best advice in choosing a good SUV is : Read up on the several brands of cars. Go test drive brands your interested in. Maybe watch a youtube car review. I did all the above before I purchased my latest SUV this past December. P.S.
My DW made it clear that the new SUV have a "Heated Steering Wheel".
I drove my friend's mini-SUV when we were in Iowa a few weeks ago and she had a heated steering wheel. I thought it was a ridiculous add-on until I went for a walk in -11°F weather and then drove back to our AirBnB. My next car needs a heated steering wheel.