Question of the day - Wednesday Feb 19

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow will be ten in a couple months and she gets the zoomies at least twice a day. At night, she spends a few minutes with me when I go to bed and then races down the hallway and through the house as fast as her chubby legs can go. Usually her zoomies are accompanied by cat in heat howls and hissing at the air. It’s hysterical because she unless playing with herself she is the quietest meekest cat ever. This same whole thing is repeated every morning between six and seven am. She comes up to see if I am awake yet and then goes tearing off after her imaginary playmates or prey.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine does it after I yell at him when he is knocking things off the dresser and scratching the mirror trying to get me out of bed in the morning, when I get home from work, if we go outside and I start throwing the tennis ball for him, and any other random time.
Sometimes he hides behind the coach and attacks me when I walk past then goes bananas zooming around the house.
Just excess energy and excitement with him.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Patches got the zoomies a lot, always after the litter box but other times as well. The last couple of years before he passed he didn't have them anymore. Alice has never gotten them, she is too dignified for that. When Patches got them she would get by me and watch him like he was crazy.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine does it ..., if we go outside and I start throwing the tennis ball for him, ...
I can see yours with a tennis ball, lol!

With Milly, who is also an indoor kitty, it is not a tennis ball that makes her do Zoomies but a small bouncing superball -- a neighbor gave it to Milly when she was a kitten, and it has little pieces of glitter in it that catch the light as it bounces...

Milly-superball-Feb2020.jpg

:blush:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hek, at almost 12 years old, doesn't zoom as much as she did, but BOY can she get going when she wants to! I haven't been able to pin down what causes it. Litter box doesn't. She walks out of the box quite calmly. But WHATEVER causes it to happen about two hours after I go to bed may stop at any given moment!

GREAT QUESTION! Thanks for covering for me while I nursed this darned toe!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay

How about the Anti Zoomie?

View attachment 323234
Hah! This cat looks just like one of my former girls, Genevieve. An extra large long haired part Siamese with such strong opinions her nickname was B.A, which stood for Bad Attitude. She never has the zoomies but could do a fast walk and you would hear her doing a thump, thump, thump down the hallways.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hah! This cat looks just like one of my former girls, Genevieve. An extra large long haired part Siamese with such strong opinions her nickname was B.A, which stood for Bad Attitude. She never has the zoomies but could do a fast walk and you would hear her doing a thump, thump, thump down the hallways.
That's the Baron, a full blooded Himalayan, I think. That picture doesn't show his beautiful blue eyes that gaze so sweetly at you.

He's at his battle station on my bed, ready to sail off into the night with me, Big Boy, Zika and the rest.

(Hmm. Time to launder the sheets again . . . )

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Had to post a picture of my large and in charge former girl, Genevieve, with petite little Murphy. Genny’s mom was a small boned, short haired Siamese look alike, so I assumed her kittens would be the same. Definitely not.
27A64DA1-2A9E-4C20-91EA-9DED80C19671.jpeg

Last edited: