Question of the Day, Wednesday, December 18, 2019

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago we had a Mac computer (our very first computer). My husband was busy writing on it. He had around 6 chapters of a book done when we started having issues with it. He decided to get another computer, a faster one but it wasn't a Mac. None of us were tech savvy so didn't know how to save his work. He thought it was a lost cause. For Christmas, my kids and I got on the Mac before it completely died and hand wrote the story and then typed it onto a floppy disc (that tells you how long ago this was!). Christmas morning we gave it to him. Sad thing is that he never finished the book but we still have the floppy - a lot of good it does for us now they aren't used!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Many years ago we had a Mac computer (our very first computer). My husband was busy writing on it. He had around 6 chapters of a book done when we started having issues with it. He decided to get another computer, a faster one but it wasn't a Mac. None of us were tech savvy so didn't know how to save his work. He thought it was a lost cause. For Christmas, my kids and I got on the Mac before it completely died and hand wrote the story and then typed it onto a floppy disc (that tells you how long ago this was!). Christmas morning we gave it to him. Sad thing is that he never finished the book but we still have the floppy - a lot of good it does for us now they aren't used!
RetroFloppy – You send your disks – we send you results! They can transfer to something compatible to what you have. Merry Christmas!!!