Question Of The Day, Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you had to choose a theme song for the story of your life, what would it be (Youtube welcome), and why?

I thought about it a lot, and finally settled on "Sunrise, Sunset," from "Fiddler on the Roof." At 66, I look back, and it seems like my kids grew up in a flash. Every day seems shorter than the day before...time runs so quickly now.

This is a quote from a book I read a long time ago, and I saved it.

"In childhood it seems time moves at less than foot-pace: A week passes like a month, a summer like a year, a year is a century; while in youth and mid-age the pace picks up, until at life's end the years hurtle by like weeks, turn, and it is Spring, turn again, Fall two years hence…No wonder old folk sometimes forget where they are, and when; hard it is to mount time galloping."

Time is not galloping for me, not quite yet, but it does have a nice, healthy canter going!

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am still young, so I don't have a lot to go off of yet. I am going into my last year of high school in a new state, leaving the one I have grown up in. Saying all of that, I think this is the song. :)

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot think of one song that would serve as a theme for my life.

My life has gone through so many changes/stages. I could probably divide my life into 6 or 7 major stages and come up with a theme song for each of them. But, that would take some time on my part, and I'm sure y'all don't want to wade through that many songs.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My life has gone through so many changes/stages. I could probably divide my life into 6 or 7 major stages and come up with a theme song for each of them. But, that would take some time on my part, and I'm sure y'all don't want to wade through that many songs.
Well, then how about 'Changes' by David Bowie?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Just as an FYI, my doctor told me there is actual biological reason why the older we get, the faster time goes. I don't know what that reason is, but it is interesting.
❗Probably because we are running out of time as we get older ... :frown:´´
My life has gone through so many changes/stages. I could probably divide my life into 6 or 7 major stages and come up with a theme song for each of them.
~ This song may fit ... ? :thumbsup:))

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

:agree: Agree.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time is not galloping for me, not quite yet, but it does have a nice, healthy canter going!
Mine has a tendancy to plug along at a slow walk, get stung in the butt by a bee, buck uncontrollably, then gallop. Then, stop from exhaustion, shake it off, then start the process over again like nothing ever happened ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've felt a connection to The Goldfish Song, by Kina Grannis, since the first time I heard it. It describes how I can see myself, and I think how other people might see me, too.

"I feel defeated again
I'm always losing to myself
I tried to build a better me,
Shack to castle, and it fell down

"I had the right intentions
Sometimes my hope envelopes me
And I can't learn the lesson
Not to send a goldfish to the sea

"This matter is mine
Don't worry I'm fine
This matter is mine.
x2

"I know what you've been thinking
It's too soon to empty my cocoon
This butterfly is not ready
But wouldn't she know better than you?"

Chorus, etc "I'm not gonna give it up"

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Even though I believe Chrissy Hynde wrote this for her mother when she passed, for me it's a reminder of something I've held to for my adult life: there's a strong woman in me, who always makes it through :)