Question Of The Day - Tuesday, September 24

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Have a human baby. I love babies more than anything, but I just waited too long. Maybe I can babysit sometimes.

2) Win the lottery. I try, but it never seems to happen for me.
I mean, until you hit menopause, anything is possible. One of our gym teachers had a baby at 45ish a couple years back.

But yeah, you're probably not going to win the lottery. ;)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Reverse climate change... :D
But I guess you mean something I actually could do, but seems unlikely, and I think that would be to learn another language.. either Indonesian (not too hard and nearby) or Sanskrit (not used but I love it)

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Close proximity wingsuit flight... it looks like such a rush, but first I've gotta straighten out this train wreck I call my life, LOL. If I ever get around to doing this wingsuit number, I wanna do it just the way Jeb Corliss and the "Brazilian Speed Freak" do it in this video, including the recovery by boat:
~ That was relaxing to watch. To me the wingsuit looks similar to "riding" a parachute canopy. I wonder what the rate of decent is...?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday! :fallsmiley:

What is the one thing you’d love to do, but don’t think you’ll ever do?

The first thing that comes to mind for me is probably sky diving. I had actually planned to consider doing it this summer....but the local sky diving company recently had a tragically fatal accident with a 63 year old woman during a tandem jump :paperbag: she died on scene. It was investigated and no criminal responsibility (The parachute malfunctioned). Nevertheless I might just wait a wee bit longer for the time being. I know there are plenty of great companies out there, deaths are still not entirely common and due of the nature of the activity risks are there anyway, but I think I'll definitely do some more research and bade my time some more. Weigh my priorities a bit! I think if I were to risk my life than I would save it for actual travelling.

Another thing is to renovate and create a museum for the once-top-secret World War II radar stations and buildings we have here in my province at this specific small town. It's amazing part of history but sadly they have fallen into disrepair and abandonment. I just need a few million dollars! No big deal :lol:
Oh, I've got several, some of which I won't post here, but a couple I will post are:
1. Open and run a cat sanctuary
2. Work at Best Friends in Utah
3. Live in the Mojave again

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~ That was relaxing to watch. To me the wingsuit looks similar to "riding" a parachute canopy. I wonder what the rate of decent is...?
Rate of descent varies... I've heard that a "wingsuit pilot" in a steep dive can reach speeds around 200 m.p.h., but that same pilot can slow the rate of descent if terrain permits. In one video I watched, two guys are flying in close proximity to one another as they tear down this steep mountain, and one guy actually "puts on the brakes" to avoid a midair collision. He did this like a flying squirrel, rearing up and back a bit so the suit itself slowed him down. These guys were flying well over 100 m.p.h. when this incident occurred. :eek: