Question Of The Day - Tuesday, October 8

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of the time I try to plan things and find out as much about something as I can ahead of time. It helps relieve some anxiety to be prepared, like rehearsing what I'm going to order, etc.

But at the same time I'm all for some spontaneous adventures if it's someone else's idea.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a planner..like things organized..in place..But if a situation arose..with no time to plan..I find the best way to do it as best I can:)

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it a day that I am just out with friends, or do not have any scheduled appointments, I go with the flow. But if I have to accomplish something, I want to have things planned out.

For instance last Saturday I wanted to do three things - go to the shelter for my regular volunteer day, go to an open house for another rescue group, go to a meeting, and then I had to get a new battery for my husband's car (due to brain damage, he cannot do that himself) So I got the addresses, planned what time I could allocate to each thing in order to be home in time to take care of the cats and put my mother in law to bed.

Even on my "day off" I make a list of the things I want/need to do and plan what I need in order to do them. I like to be organized most of the time.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A PS to my last post - I have to remember what a friend said "Life is what happens while you are making plans"

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the most Type A person I know. I plan compulsively, almost to the day. Trips have itineraries. That being said, if we get there and we want/decide to do something else, I am ok with those changes, so long as the time spent on Excursion A is roughly the same as Excursion B so we don't get too far behind.

My Type A is really hurting me right now because I'm obsessively trying to plan for the future (as far as work goes for me) and I just...can't. I'm going to be done with my program in the fall and I don't have anything lined up/haven't had anything lined up since we moved to BFE, Georgia 3 years ago (moved due to husband's work). Sigh.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't feel right without a plan and some form of organization. But since that usually falls through and things don't always work out like we expect I learned to "plan what ya can, and go with the flow."
:yeah: I call it Plan A and Plan B. :wink:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greetings Everyone! Happy Tuesday! Also, Happy Early Thanksgiving t my fellow Canadians! :redheartpump::fallsmiley:

Thank you! :-)

For most things I like to plan. Planning is good. Comfortable. Especially if more than myself is involved.

Other than that - if it's only me - caution to the wind baby!

I used to, and should probably start doing it again when life settles a bit, take out map - draw a three or 4 hour circle around it - toss a dart at it and drive wherever it landed. Day trip. I sometimes ended up in the neatest little spots and other times it what a "What have I done!?" lol but fun regardless of my reaction.

It's might be even more fun if I could convince a friend to day-road -trip map with me.

I miss the days when I would just get in my car and go where the wind took me.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a bit of a go with the flow planner ... plan, but not within an inch of its life. :)