Question Of The Day - Tuesday, November 21

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Pardon the late post*

Greetings everyone! Hope everyone is having a good week!

What was the make of your very first car that you owned?

Mine was a 1991 Toyota Tercel, the year was 2008. The colour was red. At the time I was 21 so the car was only some years younger than me :lol: I bought it off someone's driveway. Ah, good ol' poor university student life! I worked really hard all summer saving up enough extra money in order to buy my own vehicle.

It lasted a decent while before it kicked the bucket, thankfully.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A '65 ivory, Ford Falcon that I inherited from my grandmother. Floorboards had rusted through, but it got me almost thru college....3 yrs of it anyway.

Then the transmission conked out for good at 11 pm downtown Indianapolis, after a concert. That was NOT a good place to wait for a ride :paranoid:.

I replaced it with a used Camaro, and Lisa discovered what fun a lead foot was...:running: except those darn curves. I scared myself enough to slow down . :disturbed:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I can't remember! It was the car my husband already owned when we got married. A faded grayish-green four door something-or-other that we nicknamed "Abdul Automobile." We took it on our honeymoon. I'll have to ask Roger when we're both awake and in the same building; I'm sure he remembers.

Margret

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine was a Pearl White 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383 magnum, Hurst Pistol Grip 4 speed, limited slip positive traction, Edelbrock semi high rise intake, chrome Hooker Headers. That car got me in a lot of trouble. It looked like it was speeding sitting still! :lol: I sold it and been kicking my butt every since! It would be worth between 50 to $75,000 today!:doh:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first car was a yellow Vega hatchback that I bought from my stepdad before he and mom got married. He taught me to drive in it while they were dating. After a couple years it became an oil burner, I had to keep several cans in the trunk so I could add it anytime it got low.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first car I owned by myself was after I was divorced and it was a 1981 Chevy Chevette. Those cars were cheap basic transportation, looked like they were going to fall apart fairly quickly but would keep running. I think 1986 was the last year they made them and I continued to see them well into the 90's.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I each own our respective cars. My name is not on his truck; his name is not on Clarence or Hannah. Dad warned me about that years and years and years ago.

The first used car that I ever owned was a 1970 Chevy Nova. The first brand new car I ever owned was a 1986 Plymouth Turismo. In garnet red.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine was a 1969 Morris Traveller. I had it for several years until the kingpin broke in the middle of town. There was lots wrong with it so off to the scrapyard it went.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first car that was mine was a 1999 Honda Civic I bought in 2002. I still have it :D. It has 305,000 miles and the rear defrost doesn't work, but otherwise it's been a great little car. I have a Honda Odyssey that I drive now, most of the time, but I keep the Civic as a spare.

Before that I drove a Mercury Sable that belonged to my parents, and an old car that my uncle kept in the US for when he visited, and liked to have it used so it didn't sit around getting rusty. Not sure what model it was, we just called it The Ford.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very well. I had to learn to drive it when my husband bought it. It was a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere 11. It had a floor shift with four gears. I think it had a 380 engine. I only knew how to drive auto.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first car was a blue Honda Civic hatchback, named Blueberry. I bought it new in 1989, kept it for 8 years. I got it when I moved to Maine, got my first apartment. It was a big time of 'firsts!'

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I remember is that it was a 1965 Comet Caliente convertible. It was the first car that I ever bought myself and paid for. Sky blue with a white top. I got it in 1977 and sold it in 1978 to make a down payment on our first house. Now we just purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKX, we've come a long way!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1974 mercury comet. Baby blue with white roof, 2 door, straight 6 engine.
I really wish I still had that car. Easy to work on. Now I have a 2008 camry and my son has a 2013 camry. I open the hood and stare at it blankly like it's alien technology or something. I can't even change the oil and I grew up working on cars.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1975 Buick Regal. Bright red paint color with black vinyl top and white interior. 350 engine.